WhatsApp finally has its own desktop application for Windows PCs and Mac OS X powered devices. WhatsApp’s desktop application looks like to be a great move by WhatsApp since a number of users were looking for a way to use their favourite social chat application on their desktop PCs and Laptops. A number of workarounds has helped users to access WhatsApp on their computers. This included the use of emulators like BlueStacks, Andy, Remix OS and many others. But this didn’t turn out be smooth enough. Users now finally have an official WhatsApp Desktop App to fulfil their chat desire straight from their computers.
WhatsApp’s desktop application is as same as that of the WhatsApp web. The only difference is, you don’t have to open a dedicated web page for it. You can just install the application on your computer and it will stick around. You need to have WhatsApp messenger installed on your phone in order to sync it with your WhatsApp desktop app. WhatsApp desktop app equips only basic WhatsApp features. It doesn’t allow you to existing media files in your conversations neither it allows making calls. The procedure to use it is also as same as that of the WhatsApp Web. You’ve to scan a QR code by going into the menus by tapping that 3 dotted line on the top right corner of your WhatsApp messenger for phone.
WhatsApp desktop app is compatible with Windows 8+ and Mac OS 10.9+. The desktop app also brings you all your favourite emojis, it also pushes notifications and allows you to use keyboard shortcuts as well. Last but not the least, WhatsApp desktop application is pretty smooth, and runs on a computer without any hiccups here and there. The desktop application is worth replacing WhatsApp installed in Android emulators on your computers.
We’ve got our hands on the installation files of WhatsApp desktop application and have linked here. If you’re looking for the best possible way to use WhatsApp for PC then all you need to do is to go ahead, download WhatsApp desktop application and then install it using the installation instructions below.
Download WhatsApp Desktop App for Windows and Mac
- Download WhatsApp Desktop App: Windows | Mac OS X
- Extract the downloaded zip file using a software like 7zip or Winzip.
- You will get the WhatsApp executable file.
- Launch the file and get into WhatsApp now.
- Scan the QR code shown on the front using your phone. You can do this by tapping the options button on your WhatsApp messenger installed in your phone. Now tap WhatsApp Web and then scan this QR code.
- It will sync WhatsApp desktop app and you will be able to access all your chats right away.
- That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016