Following are the instruction on how to Fix Camera App and Lib for CM/All AOSP ROMs. From last few weeks, I’ve seen many users reporting that they are facing camera crashing issue on their devices running on CM 11-12/All AOSP ROM.
We did some research and found some potential workarounds to fix Camera App and Lib issue. I’ve prepared a step by step guide. Follow all the instruction carefully.
1. Most causes of “Can’t Connect Camera” error are resolved, For me, no more can’t connect camera error whatever I do.
2. Included Snapshot while video recording.
3. Fixed: Video recording focus issues.
4. Fixed: Sometimes shutter gets disabled, no matter how hard we bash it.
5. Fixed: Sometimes Pictures comes blurry ever after correct focus.
6. Most of the front camera issues are fixed.
7. More those I did not remember.
- Stock Camera app does not refocus after 1st shot in Continuous Picture Mode, Use any 3rd party app I mentioned previously for Continuous Picture Mode.
- Set focus to Auto in default camera settings.
- Snapshot while video recording only working nice till 480p size, in 720p and 1080p snapshots stops after few shots and camera becomes unstable.
- Face detection is broken.
How To Fix Camera App and Lib for CM/All AOSP Roms:
Step#1: Copy the downloaded files in your phone root directory, Turn off your device.
Step#2: Turn on your device while pressing Volume Up+Power+home button, to boot your device in recovery mode.
Step#3: Now Tap on the Install zip file.
Step#4: Use volume button to find the files you have downloaded in the first step.
- CM users have to flash (CM_Fixed_Camera_for_CM_All_AOSP_roms_by_RohanAJoshi_V5.0.zip)
- Omni Rom user has flash ( Omni_Fixed_Camera_for_OmniRom_by_RohanAJoshi_V5.0.zip ).
Step#5: Go back to the main menu and Wipe cache and dalvik.
Step#6: Now al you have to do is Reboot your phone normally.
After flashing this mod, if still you are facing “Can’t connect camera” issue try the following Apk.