OnePlus One, as we all know it by the name of Flagship killer, made its way to the market in April 2014 and has already received alot of popularity, despite that it wasn’t available for general public just like any other flagship, available in 16 and 64GB variant with the price in which you can’t even get a mid-range device from most of the OEMs, now if we mention Apple, that would be too mainstream, even Samsung mid-range devices can’t be purchased in such price tag. The thing that made it even unique was the CyanogenMod version, which was CM11S, even better, the CM team didn’t released it for other devices, now that the time has long gone for Kit-Kat, OnePlus One is receiving the update of Lollipop via the CM12S.
The OTA was rolled-out yesterday and today some guy on reddit forums was able to extract the OTA.zip, which can be flashed using the fastboot commands or any type of recovery, that allows you to update the zip file via the Sideload, the update is totally legit and was uploaded to XDA by James1o1o, and by the comments made on the thread by others, it looks like that the update is working like a charm, although, those who has updated the device to Oxygen OS, must revert back to CM11S and then update the device to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12S. In this article, we will show you How to Update OnePlus One to CyanogenMod 12S OTA Update, without further ado let us continue.
- This is only for OnePlus One!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OnePlus in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
How to Update OnePlus One:
- Copy the Zip file to adb folder.
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Boot into Recovery and enter Sideload mode HOW? from Recovery > Advance > Sidelaod.
- Wipe Cache and Start Sidelaod.
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Adb folder.
- Type the follwing: adb sidelaod update.zip
- After the process is over, type: adb reboot, or reboot the device manually.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016