The steps to update Galaxy S8 Plus manually using Odin are given in this guide. You can install official Android Pie on Galaxy S8 Plus G950F and G950FD by following the steps coming ahead.
Today is a big day for Samsung. The South Korean giant introduced its new Galaxy S10 to the world today. Apart from the new phone, Samsung came up with a surprise for the Galaxy S8 Plus owners. Samsung has updated the Galaxy S8 Plus to the Android 9 Pie today. The new update was in beta stages so far. After releasing 4 beta version of the Android Pie, Samsung finally rolled out the final official build. Official Android 9 Pie update carries the build number XXU4DSBA.
The new update carries massive changes. This is indeed the biggest update to ever happen in the history of Samsung. Since this update is rolling out in phases, it can take pretty long to make its way to all the regions of the world. The update has rolled out for the Galaxy S8 Plus G955F, which can be installed on G955FD as well. If you are one of the users who can’t wait for the OTA to appear in their region, you can update your phone manually.
Before you begin installing official Android Pie on Galaxy S8 Plus, let us take a look at the new features introduced in this firmware.
Galaxy S8 Plus Android Pie
The Android Pie firmware for Galaxy S8 Plus brings a whole new UI. Apart from introducing the cosmetic changes, the phone also gets a bunch of new features. Performance and battery life enhancements are there. Samsung has fixed a handful of problems in this update. Here is a list of all the new features in the Android Pie update.
- New Samsung One UI with new Launcher and Icons.
- Toggles section has been upgraded. New status bar introduced too.
- New UI for Settings, Calendar, Phone, and many other apps.
- Night Mode, which also known as Dark Mode.
- Adaptive Battery Mode.
- Samsung Dex support without Dex pad.
- Navigation Gestures
- New features in the Camera app, also new UI.
That was a glimpse of the new features in the Android Pie update for Galaxy S8 Plus. Let’s get back to the topic now. As you proceed, you will find the method to install Android Pie manually on your S8 Plus.
While updating Galaxy S8 Plus with Android Pie, bear in mind that the firmware given here is the official firmware. It is completely untouched and stock. The firmware is from German region, however, it can be flashed on any Galaxy S8 Plus carrying model number G955F or G955FD regardless of the region. It will not void the warranty of your phone or touch the Knox status. The firmware installation is also safe and secure. All you have to do is to pay full attention to the steps on the way.
Preparing your Galaxy S8 Plus for Android Pie update
- This guide is for Galaxy S8 Plus G955F and G955FD only.
- Your phone should have a battery backup of at least 50%.
- Back up contacts, messages, call logs, and media content.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging from the Developer Options.
- Use OEM Data Cable to connect S8 Plus to the computer.
- Do not use Samsung Smart Switch while using Odin.
Required Downloads for S8 Plus Android Pie Installation
- Odin 3.13.1 for PC – Download and Extract
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Android Pie Firmware for Galaxy S8: G955FXXU4DSBA_G955FOXM4DSBA_DBT.zip
- Extract the download firmware file to get AP, CP, BL, CSC or Home_CSC files.
How to Install Official Android Pie on Galaxy S8 Plus
Time needed: 8 minutes.
Now these are the few steps to download the Android Pie on Galaxy S8 Plus right away.
- First, Open Odin.exe, load the AP, CP, BL, and CSC files.
First of all, open Odin.exe on your computer. In Odin, click on the AP tab and load the AP file. Similarly, add the CP file to the CP tab. Now add the BL file to the BL tab. Now depending on whether you want to factory reset the phone or not, add the CSC or Home_CSC file to the CSC tab.
- Set up Odin for firmware installation now.
Now in Odin, go to the Options tab. In Options, ensure that the only checked options are F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot. No other options should be checked. After this, get back to the main menu in Odin.
- Enter your Galaxy S8 Plus in Download Mode and connect it to the computer.
Turn off your Galaxy S8 Plus now. While the phone is off, press and hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power button. As the screen shows you a warning, press Volume Up to continue. Connect the phone to the computer now. The ID
:COMbox in Odin should turn blue and it should also show “Added” in the logs.
- Install Android Pie on Galaxy S8 by hitting the Start button.
Click on the “Start” button in Odin now. This will start installing the Android 9 Pie firmware. This process will take up to 10 minutes. After this, the phone will reboot. Disconnect the phone now.
- Firmware installed. Set up the phone and enjoy Android Pie!
As your phone boots up, set it up. You will find it running on the Android Pie now. Enjoy the new version of Android with everything new.
Your Galaxy S8 Plus has been updated now. You should be able to enjoy the Android 9 Pie on your phone without any problems. After this update, you should be able to get the OTA updates easily. If your phone is not getting the OTA updates, you can always install the firmware of your region by following this very same guide. If you are stuck with something or if there is something difficult in this guide, feel free to contact us. We will try our best to get back to you as soon as possible.