Planning to get the all-new Samsung Galaxy M20? If so, you are going to need this guide too. This is the guide to install stock ROM on Galaxy M20. The stock ROM comes in handy every now and then. Before I tell you about the benefits of flashing/install a brand new stock ROM on Galaxy M20, it is important to learn more about this phone.
Samsung’s Answer to Xiaomi – The Galaxy M Series
The year 2018 was a tough one for Smartphone giants like Samsung and Apple. In 2018, Huawei grabbed the 2nd spot from Apple to become the 2nd most popular smartphone brand in the world. At the same time, Xiaomi grabbed the top spot from Samsung in India to become India’s most popular smartphone brand. The reason for Samsung to push itself to the second spot is not because its no making great phones. The reason is the price point of Samsung Galaxy handsets. What Samsung sells for $500, Xiaomi sells it for $250. This is what attracts the Indian millenials as they look for “Value for Money”.
Samsung realised that its not going to succeed with its current lineup of smartphones. The South Korean giant decided to come up with a whole new series of smartphones at a whole new price point. This is when the idea of Samsung Galaxy M series was dropped in by Samsung. Samsung kept on teasing the Galaxy M series for quite a while.
Before launching the Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 smartphones, Samsung ensured that these phones are purely going to be for
Samsung Galaxy M20 is exactly what the India smartphone users had been looking for. The phone comes in a very impressive price bracket. The phone has got great hardware, a slightly old software which will be updated soon, and a brand new design. Let’s take a deep dive into the specifications and features of the Galaxy M20.
Samsung Galaxy M20
Samsung Galaxy M20 comes with Samsugn’s latest Infinity -V display. There is a small waterdrop notch right int the middle of the screen. This phone uses the PLS TFT display. The display size is 6.3-inches. Galaxy M20 has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. Samsung has used its all-new Exynos 7904 Octra-Core CPU in this phone.
Galaxy M20 comes in two configurations. This phone has a RAM of 3GB and storage of 32GB or a RAM of 4GB and storage of 64GB. There is a microSD card slot too. Galaxy M20 has a dual rear camera. It has a 13MP + 5MP camera setup at the back. On the front, the Galaxy M20 has a single 8MP camera. Galaxy M20 happens to be the first ever Samsung Galaxy smartphone to have a 5000 mAh battery.
It has a fingerprint scanner mounted at the back. There is facial recognition in this phone. Galaxy M20 uses a USB Type-C port. It supports fast charging as well. Samsung has manufactured this phone in the Ocean Blue and Charcoal Black colors. The Galaxy M20 runs on Android Oreo out of the box. The phone will be updated to Android Pie in a few months.
Stock ROM on Galaxy M20 – Why it’s needed?
These are the reasons that will urge you to flash a stock firmware on your Galaxy M20.
- To update your phone to a newer version of Android.
- In order to refresh the software on your phone.
- If your phone is stuck in a
bootloop, stock firmware installation is the way to go.
- To unroot a rooted Samsung Galaxy M20.
- You can also recover a soft-bricked Galaxy M20 by installing a stock ROM.
- To factory-reset or hard-reset your Galaxy M20.
- To boost the performance and battery life of your Galaxy M20.
Install Stock ROM on Galaxy M20
Follow these steps carefully to install a stock firmware on Galaxy M20 now.
- This guide is only for Galaxy M20 SM-M205F/M205G. Do not try this on any other phone.
- Charge your phone up to 30% to avoid power loss during software installation.
- Backup each and everything on your phone as we will wipe it.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your Galaxy M20.
- While using Odin, turn off Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch if you have it.
- Also, disable the Windows Firewall or Antivirus if you have one.
- Follow the remaining steps carefully.
- Download and extract Odin 3.13.1 for PC.
- Also, download and install Samsung USB Drivers.
- Download and extract Firmware for Galaxy M20.
- Make sure that you download the latest firmware or your required firmware accordingly. Extract the firmware to get the 5 firmware files including AP, CP, BL, CSC, and HOME_CSC files.
This is how to install a stock ROM on Galaxy M20.
- Open Odin 3.13.1.exe, add Firmware files.
Open Odin 3.13.1.exe on your computer. Now in Odin, click on Options and make sure that the only options checked are F.Reset.Time and Auto-Reboot. Now get back to main menu in Odin and click on AP tab, load the AP file here. Click on the BL tab and load the BL file. Now click on the CP tab in order to load the CP file. In the end, click on the CSC tab and select the CSC file if you want to reset your phone, or select the HOME_CSC file if you don’t want to reset your phone.
- Put your Galaxy M20 in Download Mode.
Power down your Galaxy M20. Now press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button to boot into the Download Mode. As soon as you see the warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your Galaxy M20 to the computer.
Now connect the Galaxy M20 to your computer. The ID:COM box in Odin will turn Blue. Odin will also show “Added” on the left side in the log box. This means the phone is successfully connected.
- Click Start to install Stock ROM on Galaxy M20 now.
You are all set now. Simply click the “Start” button in Odin to start the firmware installation. The installation will take about 5 minutes. As soon as the phone restarts, disconnect it and see it running on the new software.
That is all folks. You don’t have to do anything else now. Your phone should be running on a whole new refreshed software. Remember that this is a stock firmware, it does not modify anything in your phone. It is completely safe and secure to install. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.