Samsung Galaxy J8 is now receiving the Android Pie update. Those of you willing to update their phone manually can do so by using this guide. By following the steps given here, you can download Android Pie on Samsung Galaxy J8. For this purpose, we will make use of Samsung’s Odin Flashtool. Learn a little more about the Android Pie for Galaxy J8 before you update the phone.
Android Pie for Samsung Galaxy J8
The Galaxy J8 was released last year running on Android Oreo out of the box. This was a low-end smartphone and also one of the very first Galaxy J phones to have an infinity display. The Galaxy J8 was expected to get the Android Pie update.
So far, Samsung is done releasing the Android Pie update for all of its high-end phones. A couple of months back, Samsung started rolling out the Pie update for its mid-range devices. It has released Android Pie for Galaxy A7 2018 and the Galaxy A8 too. The Galaxy J8’s term is here too now. The update started rolling out yesterday.
In the first phase, the update has started rolling out for the Galaxy J8 J810F. It has made its way in the Russian region. The update comes with the PDA
J810FPUU3BSD1. This is an incremental update and its going to take its time to reach out to all other regions. If you are living in some other region with the Galaxy J810F, and you don’t want to wait for the OTA, the only option you have right now is the use of Odin.
The method that I am going to share below, can be used for any Samsung Galaxy J8 having the model number J810F. You don’t need to take care of the region. The update will work in any region as long as you follow the instructions carefully.
Before downloading Android Pie on your Galaxy J8, let me tell you about the features this update brings.
Android Pie – One UI for Galaxy J8 is here
The Android Pie update has the latest One UI. The old Samsung Experience UI is gone now. You can enjoy a brand new interface on your Galaxy J8. The One UI has massive improvements. Its designed to make the phone more usable for people who prefer using it with one hand.
The One UI has new features such as Night Mode, Native Private DNS Support, Adaptive Battery, File Sharing, extended control in the quick toggles, and a lot more.
It has redesigned the UI of settings application. Other stock applications of the Samsung phones have got a whole new look too. It definitely improves the performance and battery life of the Samsung phones. Overall, the Android Pie with Samsung One UI is a worthy upgrade.
Having said that, let’s move on to the guide to download stock Android Pie on Galaxy J8 now.
Download Android Pie on Samsung Galaxy J8
- This guide is only for Galaxy J8 J810F. Do not try on other models.
- Charge your phone up to 50%.
- Back up each and everything as this update will wipe the phone.
- From the Developer Options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode.
- Use Original Data Cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Close Samsung Smart Switch while using Odin.
- Follow the remaining steps carefully.
- Galaxy J8 J810F Android Pie Firmware: Download
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the AP, CP, BL, CSC, and Home_CSC files.
Guide to install Android Pie 9.0 on Samsung Galaxy J8
- Open Odin 3.13.1 on your computer. In Odin, go to Options and make sure that only checked options are Auto Reboot and F.Reset.Time.
- Now in Odin, click on the AP tab and add the AP file here. In the CP and BL slots, add the CP and BL files. In the CSC tab, add the CSC file if you want to factory reset, add the Home_CSC file otherwise.
- Put your Galaxy J8 in Download Mode. Connect the USB Cable to your computer. Do not connect it to the phone yet. Now, turn off your phone completely first. Now press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down keys. While keeping the keys pressed, connect the USB Cable to your phone. It will now go into Download Mode. Press Volume Up to continue.
- Odin will detect your phone and show you “Added” in the logs. It will also show you a Blue light in the ID:COM box.
- Making sure that all files are added and your phone is connected, click on the “Start” button now.
- Odin will take around 5-7 minutes to flash Android Pie on your Galaxy J8. Your phone will reboot automatically in a while and you will have the latest One UI running on it.
That is pretty much it. You now have the latest Android Pie running on your Galaxy J8. If your phone has run into a problem while booting up, you may try clearing its cache. For any queries and questions, feel free to reach out to us. I will try my best to respond you as soon as possible.