Galaxy Nexus is one of the earliest Nexus devices to reach the top list and now this is just one device who has been lost in time as we have seen dozen of other devices taking its place, especially Nexus 4. The very last official update for Galaxy Nexus was Jelly Bean after that they stopped its support and you won’t be seeing any official firmware based on latest Android version. The only and possible way to get it is by installing the Custom ROMs based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and if you have tried the CM 13 and AOSP based Pure Android ROMs, then we got something different for you giving you more than just a typical ROM. Although, you still won’t be finding any fancy animations or features, this is just a simple ROM, yet still more than the typical one.
The whole thing is Pure Android as you might have guessed already, but under the hood changes have made this rom quite smooth and fast for a device like Galaxy Nexus. The best part is that it is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and except for Wi-Fi draining battery quite fast, everything else works like a charm and with further updates, who knows that Wi-Fi bug in Nexus devices might be solved.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Galaxy Nexus to update it to Android 6.0.1 Tuna Marshmallow.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Nexus. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Galaxy Nexus.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, google OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Tuna Marshmallow on Galaxy Nexus I9250
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latest zz_android-6.0.1-20160202-tuna.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select zz_android-6.0.1-20160202-tuna.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016