With this guide, you can Install Android 8.1 Oreo Based Pixel ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1. Xiaomi Poco F1 is in the news after it was released and this mid-range device did beat a number of big devices including OnePlus 6.
Xiaomi wants to give a competition to the likes of OnePlus. The company announced the Poco F1, which is a very powerful device, under a price tag of only $300. The Poco F1 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845.
It happens to be the cheapest Snapdragon 845 powered smartphone to date. The Poco F1 has a 6.18-inch display with 82.2% SIB. The resolution of this phone is 1080 x 2246 pixels. Poco F1 comes in 3 variants. Users can get this phone in a 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, 6GB RAM + 128GB storage or the 8GB RAM + 256GB storage configurations.
At the back, this phone has a 12MP + 5MP dual system. On the front, it has a 20MP shooter for selfies. The Poco F1 has a whopping 4,000 mAh battery. The phone runs on Android Oreo out of the box which is customized by the Poco theme introduced by Xiaomi.
Now let’s tell you what you have to do in order to Install Android 8.1 Oreo Based Pixel ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Just IR Camera.
How To Install Android 8.1 Oreo Based Pixel ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1:
As I have told you before that there is no official Android 8.1 update is available for Xiaomi Poco F1, yet. That’s why we will be using Android 8.1 Oreo Based Pixel ROM. Download the required files from below in order to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Poco F1.
- The bootloader must be unlocked.
- Charge your phone up to 30%.
- Backup each and everything as this procedure will wipe your phone.
- Use OEM Data Cable to connect Poco F1 to the computer.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on your phone.
- Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- TWRP must be installed.
How To Install:
- Since it is a custom ROM you must have TWRP Recovery Installed. If you don’t know how to install TWRP Recovery, Click Here.
- Download the ROM and Gapps from the links given above.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Now extract the ROM and you will get system GSI file in.IMG format.
- Copy both ROM and GApps folder to your Poco F1.
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Now you have to perform Factory Reset, Advanced Wipe, and Clear Data, Dalvik, Cache partitions.
- From the main screen of TWRP, Tap on Mount.
- Head back to the home screen of TWRP and Tap on Install.
- Select the ROM file and install it.
- When ROM installation has finished, head back to the main screen and Install GApps.
- Reboot the system once all the files are installed.