Sony Xperia T took its covers on September 2018. The device came with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box. Running on top of Ice Cream Sandwich is Sony’s own Timescape UI, itself a very beautiful and navigable user interface. Aside from a few hiccups here and there, Sony’s UI is solid. But the outdated ROM’s will always find a fence for the new interface and customizations. Presently Android 8.1 Oreo-based LineageOS 15.1 build got ready for this device. Here is a simple guide on how to download and Install Official LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia T.
The Xperia T is a strange mixture of design influences and combines the refined edges of the Xperia S with the unique curved back of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. The 4.6-inch screen uses Sony’s Bravia Engine to create a convincing and bold picture. Sony’s insistence that the dual-core Snapdragon S4 can match the performance of rival quad-core chipsets like Nvidia’s Tegra 3 seems credible. The rear shooter is of 13MP with Autofocus.
LineageOS 15.1 ROM
The LineageOS 15.1 is an extremely stable ROM. It’s heavily skinned & tweaked for better performance. It has got all those features a common user needs. LineageOS ROMs are quite stable. They are ROMs just ported from the CM branch. No major changes are there between the initial LineageOS builds and the last CM builds. If you observe Google’s vanilla Android OS and Lineage OS, you’ll find a lot of granular settings in the latter. You can customize your device to your own taste and have more security options as well. You might experience random reboots and minor glitches in the functionality but its splendid customizations drop shadow over them.
- Charge your device at least 50% before flashing the ROM.
- Backup your device to make sure you’ve all the important data if something doesn’t go as per the plan.
- Make sure you have a proper TWRP installed on your device. Download the TWRP link here, and follow this guide to Install TWRP on any Android device.
Download the Gapps and Official OS ROM for Xperia T to your device’s storage.
How to Install Official LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia T
- Make sure you have the TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- Also, ensure that you have copied the Gapps and Official OS 15.1 ROM files after installing TWRP.
- Power down your smartphone.
- Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Button at the same time. When the screen flickers, release all buttons and you will see the recovery screen in a few seconds.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- In the TWRP, click on Install » Install Zip » Locate and select the Official OS ROM file. Swipe screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps for Android Pie.
- In the end, get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe » Select Cache & Dalvik Cache » Swipe screen to wipe.
- After wiping, reboot your device.
That’s all. The first boot will take some time as it needs to build the cache. Once the device boots up, you can see the Android Pie setup screen.