Redmi Note 6 pro is a more of a Redmi Note 5 pro with minor modifications as there are no huge differences between those two mobiles. The device took its wraps off in September this year. The device runs on MIUI 10 out of the box and optimized brilliantly for the phone. In Android terms, it is android oreo 8.0. Now the users can upgrade their devices with a small update program Android 8.1. The ROM coming as unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 ROM. Follow this simple guide on how to install Unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Capable camera, Well-optimised software, Improved display quality are shining specs of this device. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro sports 6.26-inch Full HD notched display featuring 403 PPI pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by Snapdragon 636 (14 nm) chipset coupled with 4/6 GB RAM options along with 64/128 GB storage configurations. The device runs on MIUI 10 out of the box and optimized brilliantly for the phone. It has a 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual Pixel Autofocus, EIS, secondary 5MP camera and 20MP front-facing camera f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera. A massive 4000 mAh battery will meet your needs good enough.
Unofficial LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro
The Lineage OS 15.1 is an extremely stable ROM. It’s heavily skinned & tweaked for better performance. It has got all those features a common user needs. LineageOS ROMs are quite stable. They are ROMs just ported from the CM branch. No major changes are there between the initial LineageOS builds and the last CM builds. If you observe Google’s vanilla Android OS and Lineage OS, you’ll find a lot of granular settings in the latter. You can customize your device to your own taste and have more security options as well. You might experience random reboots and minor glitches in the functionality but its splendid customizations drop shadow over them.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Double tap to wake screen (DT2W)
- In call loudspeaker doesn’t work
- SELinux status: Permissive
Install Android 9.0 Pie Based LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1
- This ROM is only for the Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Charge your device at least 50% before flashing the ROM.
- Backup your device to make sure you’ve all the important data if something doesn’t go as per the plan.
- Install Unofficial TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Download the Gapps and LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro to your device’s storage.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Make sure you have the TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- Also, ensure that you have copied the Gapps and LineageOS 15.1 ROM files after installing TWRP.
- Power down your smartphone.
- Press and hold Volume UP + Power button for about 5 seconds. Release the Power key when Mi logo appears and continue holding Volume Up button until the recovery mode appears.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- In the TWRP, click on Install » Install Zip » Locate and select the LineageOS ROM file. Swipe screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps for Android Pie.
- In the end, get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe » Select Cache & Dalvik Cache » Swipe screen to wipe.
- After wiping, reboot your device.
That’s all. Let us know how you like the ROM in the comments section below.
- More: Get Android 9 Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Also: Install TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro