The Xiaomi recent flagship Redmi Note 5 Pro was the most anticipated budget smartphone of this year. The latest Android 8.0 based MIUI 9.5 update brought new features such as gesture and Dual 4G VoLTE support to the Redmi Note 5 Pro and took you on a surprisingly familiar note with numerous OS customizations, notifications Shade and Full-Screen Gestures. However, the developer jhenrique09 has released a custom ROM that has Google Pixel features like Google Assistant, Pixel launcher, Blue theme and others built-in. Here is a quick guide on how to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset coupled with the 4GB/6GB for 64GB model. It ports the phone sports 12MP+5MP dual camera setup at the rear and a 20MP selfie snapper at the front. A 5000mAh battery with support or 5V/ 2A fast charging completes the package.Bright & vivid 1,080 x 2,160 resolution display with 18:9 aspect ratio make your phone look vibrant. Try, get & Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Pixel Experience ROM
Pixel Experience ROM offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device. The ROM based on AOSP. Alongside Pixel features, the ROM also features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. It is mostly stable with most of the important things known to be working and it also comes with the latest Google Apps pre-installed.
Since the Android 9.0 Pie source code was released there have been many different ports for different devices based on Android Pie. Recently Redmi Note 5 Pro got a custom ROM update for 9.0 with Pixel Experience port. Pixel Experience ROM is a latest Custom ROM built for devices which comes with the company’s own skin version of Android Oreo. All Android P features such as adaptive brightness, app actions, and slices also seemingly work quite alright. Take a look over the ROM features and steps to install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Pixel Experience ROM Features
- Security patch
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- The Pixel Boot Animation
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel’s Live Wallpapers
- Pixel blue accent
- Google Assistant
- Root is included (you have to enable it from the developer options)
- Round icon for Settings
- A picture in a Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- Mobile data
- Fingerprint reader
- Hardware encryption
- Miracast/wifi display
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience ROM setup screen.