The Xiaomi Redmi 5A mobile was launched on 30th-February, 2017. It runs on MIUI 9, which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. MIUI continues to be one of the better designed Android UIs. It is clean, efficient and has a number of useful add-on apps like Mi Drop, Mi Security, dual apps or a second space and more. However, the developer sunnyraj84348 has released an Android 9.0 Pie based Pixel Experience ROM that has Google Pixel features like Google Assistant, Pixel launcher, Blue theme and others built-in. Here is a quick guide on how to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 5A.
The Redmi 5A is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset coupled with 2GB RAM for 16GB model & 3GB RAM on the 32GB model. It has 13 MP rear or primary Camera and 5-megapixel front-facing Selfie Camera with Autofocus, Flash, and HD Recording. The gentle curves at the edges are a nice upgrade over the Redmi 4A which was more square-ish & looks decent with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio. Have a look on how to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 5A.
Pixel Experience ROM
Unlike MIUI ROM which is aimed for speed and customizability, Pixel Experience ROM provide a Pixel style experience on your phone. It also comes with the latest Google Apps pre-installed. The ROM based on AOSP. Alongside Pixel features, the ROM also features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. It offers the close stock experience present in Pixel devices to other android mobiles. The software processing in Pixel experience ROM is way better than any other ROMs present till date. Though lineage OS offers a lot of features, Pixel experience does offer a good usability and fluidity when compared to other ROMs.
Google’s Pixel phones come with a few features that are exclusive to the device and are not available for the rest of Android devices including the Android Open source Project using which various AOSP based Android 7.0 ROMs are made of. It is based on LineageOS, includes the security patches and as the name suggests, all of the Pixel goodies will be added to your device. Here is a quick guide on how to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 5A.
Pixel Experience ROM Features
- Security patch
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- The Pixel Boot Animation
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel’s Live Wallpapers
- Pixel blue accent
- Google Assistant
- Root is included (need to enable it from the developer options)
- Round icon for Settings
- A picture in a Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- Mobile data
- Hardware encryption
- Little Audio distortion
- Ir blaster
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Redmi 5A. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 5A
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience ROM setup screen.