OnePlus owners are at a crossroads right now. They are the most value for money and stable smartphones in the market today. OnePlus 5 stood as an exceptional device with blazing fast performance. OxygenOS is the best take of Android because it is virtually stock but with a lot more customization options. The minimalism of OxygenOS implies that all the eye-watering power of the OnePlus 5 internals translates to crazy speeds. However, the developer jhenrique09 has released a custom ROM that has Google Pixel features like Google Assistant, Pixel launcher, Blue theme and others built-in. Here is a quick guide on how to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5.
The device powered by Snapdragon 835 coupled with 8GB RAM for 128GB model & 6GB RAM for the 64GB model. The display is quite phenomenal with AMOLED capacitive touchscreen &1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio. The OnePlus 5 hopped aboard the dual-camera trend and has two rear shooters. Unlike other phones that have two cameras for wide-angle or monochrome purposes, the phone has a standard 16 MP shooter and a secondary 20 MP lens. Coming to the design part it is sleeker, curvier and more comfortable to hold.
Pixel Experience ROM
The ROM is named Pixel Experience, considering the Pixel phone aesthetics that it offers. Which means you will get to enjoy Pixel-like visual interface on your OnePlus device. By running AOSP ROMs, you will be able to experience Pixel-like experience where everything runs smooth and fast. Alongside Pixel features, the ROM also features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. It is mostly stable with most of the important things known to be working and it also comes with the latest Google Apps pre-installed.
Pixel Experience ROM based on AOSP. There are many features which come exclusively on pixel smartphone. Pixel Experience ROM is a latest Custom ROM built for devices which comes with the company’s own skin version of Android Pie. The ROM brings full customizations, custom icon pack which Pixel generally use, good battery life and smooth experience. Follow the guide to install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5.
Pixel Experience ROM Features
- Security patch
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- The Pixel Boot Animation
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel’s Live Wallpapers
- Pixel blue accent
- Google Assistant
- Root is included (you have to enable it from the developer options)
- Round icon for Settings
- A picture in a Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- Mobile data
- Fingerprint reader
- Fingerprint reader
- HW keys
- Ambient display
- Dash charge
- HW Encryption
Device Specific additions
- OnePlus Doze
- Off screen gestures
- OnePlus Slider
- ArnovaGcam with modules
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on OnePlus 5. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5 with pixel setup screen.