Xiaomi’s launched its recent flagship Xiaomi Poco F1 on August 2018. The Poco F1 runs Android 8.1 Oreo, with Xiaomi’s stable UI layer, MIUI 9.6. Speed is a big part of Xiaomi’s Pocophone F1. Also, the device ports a Poco Launcher on top of MIUI to make it look more like stock Android. MIUI is one of the more feature-rich skins out there and has garnered quite a lot of fans for its highly practical features. However, a senior XDA member abhishek987 ported unofficial LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1. Here’s how to install LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1.
The Pocophone F1 looks and feel rather generic. In line with most phones of 2018, the Pocophone F1 has a big notch on the front. Unlike other devices though, the F1’s notch feels out of place due to the thick bezels at the top and bottom. Pocophone F1 features a 6.18 inch IPS LCD display, featuring a resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels alongside 18.7:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by Snapdragon 845 coupled with 8GB RAM for 256GB ROM model & 6GB RAM for 64GB/128GB models. Besides Xiaomi added a liquid cooling system to help the CPU hum along without overheating. It’s called LiquidCool, and it works by transferring heat from the processor to the other parts of the phone, a bit like an AC unit. With Adreno 630 graphic card playing graphics & intensive games doesn’t encounter any problem.
LineageOS 16 ROM for Xiaomi Poco F1
LineageOS ROMs are quite stable. They are ROMs just ported from the CM branch. No major changes are there between the initial LineageOS builds and the last CM builds. If you observe Google’s vanilla Android OS and Lineage OS, you’ll find a lot of granular settings in the latter. You can customize your device to your own taste and have more security options as well. The Lineage OS 16 ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and is still in the early build phase. So, you may experience some bugs and performance issues but they will most likely get sorted out with regular updates. You might experience random reboots and minor glitches in the functionality but its splendid customizations drop shadow over them.
With the release of Android 9.0 Pie, LineageOS 16 is expected to be the next big thing in the world of Android custom ROMs. Moreover, the ROM features an impressive impact on Xiaomi Poco F1. So, if you decide to install LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1, follow the below tutorial carefully.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- IR camera
Install Android 9.0 Pie Based LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1
- This ROM is only for the Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Charge your device at least 50% before flashing the ROM.
- Backup your device to make sure you’ve all the important data if something doesn’t go as per the plan.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1
Download the Gapps and LineageOS ROM for Xiaomi Poco F1 to your device’s storage.
How to Install LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1
- Make sure you have the TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- Also, ensure that you have copied the Gapps and LineageOS 16 ROM files after installing TWRP.
- Power down your smartphone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button for about 5 seconds. Release the Power key when Mi logo appears and continue holding Volume Up button until the recovery mode appears.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- In the TWRP, click on Install » Install Zip » Locate and select the LineageOS ROM file. Swipe screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps for Android Pie.
- In the end, get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe » Select Cache & Dalvik Cache » Swipe screen to wipe.
- After wiping, reboot your device.
That’s all. Let us know how you like the ROM in the comments section below