Sony Xperia Tablet Z tablet was launched in February 2013. This is Sony’s entrant into the 10-inch tablet arena, pitting itself against the likes of the Google Nexus 10 and iPad 4. Its 1,920 x 1,200 resolution screen falls a little short of both, but its trump card is that, just like Sony Xperia Z phone, it’s water resistant up to 1m for about 30 min, and also dust resistant. Both the devices came with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. There is an official build based on Android 8.1 Oreo to these devices. Here is a simple guide on how to download and Install Official LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
The Tablet Z is powered by 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm SoC (APQ8064) along with 2GB of RAM. Both the devices share the same features with the cellular network as an exception. Extremely slim and light, Fast processor and graphics, Vibrant screen with good viewing angles are the common build and performance specs. The Sony Xperia Tablet Z’s screen, however, is more than ordinary. Colors are rich, vivid and eye-popping at times. The tablet comes with a 10.10-inch display with a resolution of 1920 pixels by 1200 pixels at a PPI of 224 pixels per inch. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z packs an 8.1-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2.2-megapixel front shooter for selfies. A massive 6000 mAh battery will support your needs.
LineageOS 15.1 ROM
The LineageOS is an AOSP based aftermarket custom ROM and is a continuation to the highly popular CyanogenMod ROM. It brings stock Android interface to your device along with a plethora of customizations.. It’s heavily skinned & tweaked for better performance. It has got all those features a common user needs. LineageOS ROMs are quite stable. They are ROMs just ported from the CM branch. No major changes are there between the initial LineageOS builds and the last CM builds. If you observe Google’s vanilla Android OS and Lineage OS, you’ll find a lot of granular settings in the latter. You can customize your device to your own taste and have more security options as well. You might experience random reboots and minor glitches in the functionality but its splendid customizations drop shadow over them.
Installing a custom ROM is quite simple and you will need a custom ROM like TWRP to install flashable ZIP files. As installing the ROM would wipe your device, make sure to take a Nandroid backup. This ensures that you have a complete backup of your device in case you run into a boot loop issue or a bricked device. However, the Nandroid backup doesn’t include your internal storage. So, make sure to back up your photos and other important stuff on your internal storage to PC.
The LineageOS 15.1 is Android Oreo-based customized build. It provides near to stock experience of Android. And… gives you the latest security updates and is the base ROM for many other ROMs like Resurrection and Pixel Experience. It has always been an ideal ROM since its arrival. So without any ado lets see how to Install Official LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
- Charge your device at least 50% before flashing the ROM.
- Backup your device to make sure you’ve all the important data if something doesn’t go as per the plan.
- Make sure you have a proper TWRP installed on your device. Download the TWRP link here Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi, and follow this guide to Install TWRP on any Android device.
Download the Gapps and Official OS ROM for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi to your device’s storage.
- Official LinegeOS 15.1 for Xperia Tablet Z LTE
- Official LineageOS15.1 for Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi
- Gapps for Android Oreo Official OS 15.1
How to Install Official LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi
- Make sure you have the TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- Also, ensure that you have copied the Gapps and Official OS 15.1 ROM files after installing TWRP.
- Power down your smartphone.
- Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Button at the same time. When the screen flickers, release all buttons and you will see the recovery screen in a few seconds.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- In the TWRP, click on Install » Install Zip » Locate and select the Official OS ROM file. Swipe screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps for Android Pie.
- In the end, get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe » Select Cache & Dalvik Cache » Swipe screen to wipe.
- After wiping, reboot your device.
That’s all. The first boot will take some time as it needs to build the cache. Once the device boots up, you can see the Android Pie setup screen.