Checkra1n Jailbreak for iOS 13.2.2 and below is out now. iOS users can download the Checkra1n 0.9.3.5 from here. The method to Jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 using Checra1n can be found below as well.
After months of rumors and anticipations, the Checkra1n Jailbreak has finally made it to the users. The Jailbreak was in works for the past couple of months. The Checkra1n uses the bootrom-based Checkm8 exploit to Jailbreak all iPhones and iPads powered by the A5 – A11 chipsets. Such a Jailbreak has happened almost after a decade. Last time we had the Limera1n by Geohot using the same kind of exploit.
Since this is an exploit in the hardware, it’s nearly impossible for Apple to patch this Jailbreak. Checkra1n runs its script before the iOS loads on the iPhone. This means that you can Jailbreak pretty much all versions of the iOS running on the A5 – A11 devices.
Here are the Checkra1n compatible devices:
- iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s & 6s Plus
- The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone 5s
- iPad Mini 2
- The iPad Mini 3
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- The iPad 5th Gen
- iPad Pro 1st Gen
The above compatibility list is for the current release of the Checkra1n. The tool is in its very early stages and contains a lot of bugs. As the development moves on, we will hopefully see support for all the iPhones and iPads between A5 – A11 chipsets.
Checkra1n has its macOS tool that Jailbreaks your iPhone with the help of a Macbook or iMac. The Checkra1n IPA is not available at the moment. From below, you can download the Checkra1n app for macOS and run the application to Jailbreak the compatible iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.2.2 or below.
Download Checkra1n 0.9.3.5
- Checkra1n 0.9.3.5 Beta – Download
How to Jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 using Checkra1n
- Install the Checkra1n on your macOS.
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- Launch Checkra1n on the computer.
- As Checkra1n detects your iPhone, click on the Start button.
- Checkra1n will ask you to boot your iPhone in DFU mode. Follow on-screen instructions to get into the DFU mode.
- As soon as you enter the DFU mode, checkra1n will start the Jailbreak process. You will see the logs running on the screen of the iPhone.
- Once done, your iPhone will boot up and you will get the Checkra1n app.
- Open Checkra1n and install Cydia.
- Install your favorite tweaks using Cydia. That’s all.
Checkra1n is a semi-tethered Jailbreak. This means that you will have to re-Jailbreak your iPhone every time you plan of restarting it. Yes, it is one huge downside and this may leave you unconvinced to Jailbreak right now, but it is what it is. If you are on iOS 12.4 or below, I recommend using the Unc0ver 3.7 to Jailbreak your iPhone as that’s a more stable method for the older versions of iOS. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to use the comment box below. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
- How to unjailbreak iOS 12.4 – Remove Cydia/Sileo & Unc0ver/Chimera
- Fix iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Unc0ver Crashing at Stages 8/31, 2/31 and Cydia Crashing
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4 without computer [Unc0ver 3.7]
- Download Unc0ver 3.7 IPA to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 [Cydia Impactor]
- 80+ Free Best iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Tweaks [Cydia and Sileo]
- Download Unc0ver 3.7.x IPA for iPhone and iPad