Updated: 9/25/2019. China does not allow Google Apps on its Android phones. Therefore, all the Chinese smartphone makers have to ship the phones without any Google Apps. This includes all the applications like Play Store, Play Service, Play Books, Play Games and anything else that’s related to Google. China has this strict policy against social media giants too. For example, you cannot use Facebook, Twitter and other such platforms in China. The country has such policies as it intends to protect the privacy of its users.
Update 9/25/2019: Google Core Installer for EMUI 10 & Below
A new version of Google Core Installer is available. It can install all the missing Google Framework and Services apps including the Google Play Store on your phone running on EMUI 10 and below. The new app has been tested on the Huawei Mate 30 series and it was found running flawlessly. You can download the latest Google Core Installer from below.
Google Core Framework & Services Installer: Download
Google Installer APK V3.0 for Chinese Phones
- Download Google Installer APK V3.0 and copy it to your phone – Download Link.
- Now on your phone, open Settings > Security or Lock Screen & Security > Unknown Sources > Tap the radio button or checkbox to enable.
- Using a file manager, locate the Google Installer APK V3.0 on your phone.
- Tap the Google Installer APK to start its installation. Follow on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- Now open newly installed Installer from the App Drawer.
- Tap the big circle appearing at the bottom to start Google Apps installation process.
- Now tap Install > Ok > Install > Ok > Google Play.
- You will now find an option in Chinese, simply tap the Chinese option > Allow > Next.
- Your phone will now ask for some permissions. Allow it immediately.
- Restart your phone now. The Google Framework should be installed.
Google Play Store not appearing after installing Google Installer?
If the Play Store fails to appear after following the procedure given above, you may have to install it manually. The basic purpose of the Installer was to install the Google Framework, which lays the basis for Google Apps on your phone. You are now free to manually install the Services and Play Store. Download the latest Google Play Store and Play Services APK. Install the APKs as normal apps and it should go fine.
- Google Play Services 12.6.73 – Download
- Google Play Store 10.3.12-all [PR] 198814133 – Universal – Download