Update 11/12/2019: The Tencent Gaming Buddy is now called Gameloop. The rebranding of TGB took place with the release of COD Mobile. This guide to install APK on TGB will work for Gameloop as well now.
Tencent Gaming Buddy was originally built to run the PUBG Mobile on PCs. The emulator was so good that users wanted to run all other Android apps and games on this emulator too. A method surfaced on the web which allowed the installation of all APKs on Tencent Gaming Buddy. This means that the Tencent Gaming Buddy is not limited to PUBG Mobile only. If you also want to install any APK on Tencent Gaming Buddy or Gameloop, you can follow the instructions given here.
Tencent Gaming Buddy [Gameloop Now]
PUBG Mobile is undoubtedly the #1 battle royale game. When the mobile version of this game was released, gamers found it much better than its desktop version. For this reason, all of them wanted to play the mobile version of PUBG Mobile on the PC. Most of the gamers turned their heads towards the BlueStacks and NoxPlayer Emulator, but Tencent didn’t really like that. The PUBG Mobile developers released their own Android emulator called Tencent Gaming Buddy. Where emulators like BlueStacks, NoxPlayer, KO Player are highly resource-hungry, Tencent built its emulator to be resource efficient. Tencent Gaming Buddy could run the PUBG Mobile on the laptops with RAM as low as 4GB too. The customization tailored for PUBG Mobile specifically made this the best choice.
The developers added support for a handful of other games in Tencent Gaming Buddy, but they didn’t officially allow the installation of APKs or any other apps in it. Users found the ways to install APKs on Tencent Gaming Buddy on their own and shared it on several forums. Tencent Gaming Buddy, because of being light, makes the Android-on-pc experience much better. Yes, it does have its limitations, it is not like a whole eco-system inside a window like the BlueStacks, but its good enough to run the apps on the go.
APK on Tencent Gaming Buddy or Gameloop
For those who don’t know, APK of an Android app is just like the Setup.exe of a Windows Software. If you have the APK of the game or app you want, you can install it manually on any Android device. In our case, we are going to be installing the APK on Tencent Gaming Buddy, which will basically install any Android App or Game on a Desktop PC or a Laptop.
The Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy doesn’t have the Google Play Store. You can install the Play Store manually using the appropriate APK file. After installing the Play Store, you can download the apps from the Play Store directly. This, in my opinion, is the biggest advantage of being able to install APK files in the TGB.
Take a look at the steps below now.
Guide to install any APK on Tencent Gaming Buddy/Gameloop
- Download and install Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy on your computer.
- Now go to the installation folder of TGB i.e. C:\Program Files\txgameassistant\ui
- In the UI folder, you will find AndroidEmulator.exe. Open this file.
- It will install itself over the TGB now. After this installation, close it.
- Now open the AndroidEmulator.exe again.
- You will see an empty window now. Press F9 now.
- You will see a list of a few apps now, open “Browser” from here.
- In the Browser, find any APK i.e. ES File Explorer.
- Download the APK and install it.
- Now you can copy APKs from your computer to TGB via ES File Explorer. You can also keep downloading the APKs directly via Browser.
Copy APK, XAPK, and OBB Files to TGB
- Download any APK, XAPK, and OBB Files to your computer.
- Copy the file now.
- Now open the drive where you installed the Tencent Gaming Buddy.
- Go to Temp > TxGameDownload > MobileGamePCShared.
- Paste your files now.
- Open TGB Emulator now.
- Open the ES File Explorer now.
- On the left side, click on Device > Data > Share1.
- You will have all the copied files there.
That’s all. You have learned how to install APK files and also how to copy files from Windows to Tencent Gaming Buddy. Remember that using any file manager like the ES File Explorer, you can move the files freely inside the Tencent Emulator. Having followed this tutorial, you should now be able to unleash the real potential of this nice emulator. If you have any queries or questions, feel free to reach out to us. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.