Galaxy S6 Edge was one hell of a turnover in the world of innovation, providing a curve display in a flagship device without any problem at all and it works smoothly as it can. However, you can’t customize the Curved display as much as you want there are some necessary things that you might wanna use as a shortcut or you wanna learn about something really fast like weather forecast, some scores of games or just see the notification without opening the device. Overall, the device is good in performance but the noticeable thing in it is the curved display and the only thing we all want is addition of applications there. The Stock ROM can’t let you add too much in it, but with the help of some custom ROMs you can customize that curved display and put a whole another device in that small place and then you don’t even have to turn on the device, keeping it as stealth as possible.
SIXPERIENCE Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, contains both the TouchWiz interface and the Stock Samsung Launcher, the ROM is still in its beta stage and considerably fast and smooth and it also performs pretty well both in terms of performance and battery life. The installation is quite simple and all it will take are some 5-minutes of yours and you’ll be seeing a beautiful custom ROM on your device.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to update it to Android 6.0.1 SIXPERIENCE Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S6 Edge G925K, G925F. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 SIXPERIENCE on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download latest SIXPERIENCES6EMMOFFICIALV2.zip file and Super SU.zip copy it to the root of your sd card
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Factory Reset | Wipe Cache and Wipe Devlik/Art Cache.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
Now If you are Coming from Android 6.0/6.0.1:
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > SIXPERIENCES6EMMOFFICIALV2.zip file
- Confirm the Installation on the Next Screen.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Flash Super SU.zip
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Now If you are Coming from Android 5.1.1:
Follow the Above steps and once everything is done, follow below.
- Reboot in download mode and flash 6.0.1 bootloader with odin (Dont select install su on TWRP!)
- Reboot again in Recovery and flash SuperSu 2.67 (Dont select install su on twrp when it asks!)
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.