OnePlus owners are at a crossroads right now. OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T are the company’s firm devices have a lot riding on them. As far as the OnePlus 3/3T are concerned, the devices were launched six months apart from each other. However, OnePlus has released OxygenOS 5.0.3 update for the devices. Also, the updates of OnePlus 3/3T have been merged as they are identical. Oxygen OS is a solid first effort by OnePlus, and for the average user, it will more than get the job done. It is almost pure AOSP with a couple extra tweaks from OnePlus. There are a number of Custom ROMs available for OnePlus 3/3T devices in the community. However, the developer JagravNaik has released a Pixel Experience custom ROM based on Android Pie. Get Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
The devices pack a bright 5.5in AMOLED screen but does restrict its resolution to 1080p, rather than the 2K displays of some of its pricier rivals. The excellent contrast offered by the AMOLED display helps them deliver some welly in darker scenes, with blacks going really dark, and whites looking sharp and precise. AMOLED displays have better color saturation, amazing contrast and above all when there are black pixels on the display, it actually turns off that individual pixel to increase the contrast and save some battery as well. Both the devices have a really good Class-leading performance, Premium build quality and design, Super fast to charge, and have a featured display. The OnePlus 3 houses the Snapdragon 820 while the OnePlus 3T has a little upgrade with the SD 821.
Pixel Experience ROM
Do you want to enjoy the real Pixel Experience on your Phone? then try out this Custom ROM. As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel experience on your device. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Pixel Experience ROM is an AOSP based ROM. Which means it’s built directly on top of Android 9.0 Pie instead of being built on Lineage OS like most ROMs these days are. It has all the Google Pixel goodies which include Google apps and all Pixel stuff such as the Pixel launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation, etc. The developer mentions their goal is to provide maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device.
Finally, Google rolled the new iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. Android OS is a thriving mobile platform used on billions of devices, and it is only getting better. Android 9 Pie offers far more color. Feature switches in the dropdown control center are blue circles rather than plain text icons. And the virtually monochrome Settings menu of Android 8.0 has been filled with colorful icons. Android 9.0 Pie has a near-opaque app drawer background.
Alongside Pixel features, Pixel UI ROM also features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. There are many features which come exclusively on pixel smartphone. But the porting of Pixel Experience ROM made to enable those features on almost all the devices. Try installing the new Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
Pixel Experience ROM Features
- Security patch
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- The Pixel Boot Animation
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel’s Live Wallpapers
- Pixel blue accent
- Google Assistant
- Root is included (you have to enable it from the developer options)
- Round icon for Settings
- A picture in a Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
Device Specific additions
- OnePlus Doze
- Offscreen gestures
- OnePlus Slider
- ArnovaGcam with modules
- Encryption not supported yet
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation Litecess.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on OnePlus 3/3T. You can follow the following guides
Here’s a quick view on how to install Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
How to Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 3/3T with pixel setup screen.