Here is how to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 using Chimera. This guide will show you the methods to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 via Chimera with or without a PC. The PC method will use Chimera IPA while you the without PC uses direct-Chimera download method.
Chimera iOS 12.4 Jailbreak is out now. The development took place right after Unc0ver 3.5 iOS 12.4 Jailbreak. For those of you who prefer Chimera over Unc0ver, it’s time for you to Jailbreak your iPhone/iPad now.
Chimera is not as popular as Unc0ver, which is why it is really important to understand this tool first. For the most part, Chimera and Unc0ver serve the same purpose, and to some extent, they both use the same techniques as well. What differentiates these tools is how they are build up.
Chimera is the first true iOS 12 Jailbreak. It uses a CoreTrust Bypass feature so that the binaries don’t need to be resigned again and again. Another thing that makes Chimera popular is its support for A12 chipsets since day 1.
Developers of Chimera have written this tool from scratch. This has been done in order to minimize any potential issues that a reused code would have caused. Chimera doesn’t affect the battery life of performance of your Jailbroken iOS device. The Chimera Jailbreak also doesn’t tamper with the system files of your iPhone or iPad which makes it a much safer alternative to Unc0ver.
Just like Unc0ver has its Cydia tweaks repository, Chimera uses Sileo. A large number of Jailbreak users still prefer Cydia because of the software being very very old and reliable, however, if you are into trying out new things, you may find Sileo a good option. The plus point of Sileo is its UI, which resonates with the UI of the latest iOS.
Chimera is backed by a team of well-known developers including CoolStar, Jamie Bishop, Tri’angle, and tihmstar.
Chimera 1.3.9 Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Device List
At the time of writing this post, the latest version of Chimera is 1.3.3. The Chimera 1.3.9. Jailbreak iOS 12.4 supports the following devices.
- iPhone 5 and 5S
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone X
- iPhone XR – Pending
- iPhone XS – Pending
- Apple iPhone XS Max – Pending
- iPad 6th Gen
- iPad Air
- Apple iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 4
Chimera 1.3.9 replaces SockPuppet2 Exploit with SockPuppet3 Exploit. It adds support for all A7-A11 and some A12 devices. Furthermore, it supports the new iOS 12.4.
Jailbreaking iOS 12.4 with Chimera
There are two typical methods to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 via Chimera tool. The first is to download it directly on your phone and click the Jailbreak button. This is a relatively easy method and we will be discussing this one first. The 2nd method is to sideload Chimera 1.3.9 IPA via Cydia Impactor. For this method, you can use a Windows or Mac PC. Although this method is not complex, the only thing that makes it a bit time-consuming is the use of a PC.
Take a look at the steps to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 using Chimera and no PC.
- You need an iPhone or iPad running on iOS 12.4. If your device is running on iOS 12.3, you have to update it to iOS 12.4. If it’s running on iOS 13 Beta, downgrade it to 12.4.
- Backup each and everything since Jailbreaking is always a risky process.
- Charge the iPhone up to 50% to avoid power loss during the Jailbreak process.
- You need a Windows or Mac PC for the 2nd method.
- For the IPA method, you also need the Data Cable of your iPhone.
Remember that Jailbreaking is something that Apple strictly prohibits the users from. If you have finally decided to Jailbreak, make sure that you take full responsibility for what you are about to do. In case of a mishap, OSCrunch or the Tool developers may not be held responsible.
Jailbreak iOS 12.4 using Chimera – No PC
These are the steps to install Chimera 1.3.9 directly on your iPhone and then Jailbreak.
- Delete iOS 12 OTA update files.
On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Storage > Check if there are any iOS 12 OTA files. Delete the files if you find any, in case there are none, skip this step.
- Install Chimera from Tweakbox page.
Now open this Tweakboxapp page on your iPhone and direct-download Chimera. When it asks for installation, click on install.
- Trust Chimera under Device Management.
Don’t open Chimera yet. Go to Settings > General > Device Management & Profiles > Click on Trust <your apple ID> > Trust. This will give the permissions to Chimera to run smoothly.
- Open Chimera and Jailbreak.
Open Chimera from the apps screen now and click on Jailbreak. It will show you progress on the screen. Your device might restart during the process. It will also install Sileo on your device.
- Open Sileo and start installing tweaks.
As Jailbreak ends, go to Apps and open Sileo. You can find a huge list of tweaks now. It’s time to unleash the power of your iPhone. Happy Tweaking!
Chimera for Cydia Impactor
This IPA is required for the 2nd method. You can download it from below and then follow the steps next to sideload it.
Install Chimera 1.3.9 IPA via Cydia Impactor – with PC
- First of all, download and install Cydia Impactor on your computer: For Windows | For Mac.
- Now connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Select your connected iPhone in Cydia Impactor.
- Drag and drop the Chimera 1.3.9. IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor.
- It will ask you for your Apple ID and password. Enter the details. If it asks for app-specific password, open your Apple ID on the PC and go to Settings > Security. Generate the app specific password and paste it in Impactor.
- Now click on the Start button in Cydia Impactor. Chimera IPA will be sideloaded on the iPhone.
- Disconnect iPhone from the computer now.
- Follow step 3 to step 5 in the No PC method above to Jailbreak now. That’s all.
That’s pretty much it with the installation of Chimera and Jailbreaking iOS 12.4. If you plan on un-jailbreaking, you can use the same Chimera tool to do so or you can also install the stock iOS 12.4 using iTunes. In case you’ve got any questions/queries, feel free to reach out to us. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Update 9/17/2019: Chimera 1.3.9 added.