TWRP 3.0.2-1 recovery is now available for our beloved Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Just in case you’re in a mood to flash some latest custom ROM including Android 4.4.4 KitKat or Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Galaxy S3 Mini, you will need a custom recovery that supports these versions of custom Android firmware. Using an older recovery will result in errors like signature verification failure, or you just won’t be able to install latest custom ROMs. We are done with the guides for are installing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Galaxy S3 Mini, so the users looking forward to install those firmwares may follow this guide and install TWRP 3.0.2-1 recovery on their Galaxy S3 Mini I8190/N/L. Let’s go through some early preparations and the install this recovery.
1.This guide is intended for the Galaxy S3 Mini users having the model number GT-I8190, I8190N or I8190L only. In case you don’t have the device listed here, do not proceed. Using the files and method listed here will result in bricking it. You can check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About device.
2. Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. In case your phone goes dead during the flashing process, it might result in bricking it. Charge your device before you proceed.
3. Always use OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and your computer. Using third party data cables might cause connection issues.
4.While using Odin3, turn off Samsung Kies, Windows Firewall and any Antivirus software if you’re using.
5. It is always recommended to backup your important data before you flash anything on your device. You may backup using the following guides on our site.
6. Follow the guidelines carefully. In case of a mishap, we may not be held responsible.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Files you need to download and install
- Download & install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download & extract Odin3 v3.09
- Download TWRP 2.8.10 Recovery.tar.md5 file.
How to Install TWRP 2.8 Recovery on your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click on the “AP” tab in Odin 3.09 and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file.
- In case you’re using Odin 3.07, click on the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file and let it load.
- Make sure that all options in Odin are unticked except “F.Reset Time”.
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery, once finished, disconnect your device from your PC.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the TWRP 3.0.2-1 Recovery that you just installed.
- You can backup your current ROM and do a lot of other things using the options in TWRP Recovery.
- Make sure that you make Nandroid and EFS backup and save it on your PC as well. Find the option in TWRP 3.0.2-1 Recovery.
- That’s All.
How to Root Now [Optional]
- If you want to root your device now, you can download the SuperSu.zip file.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s sd card.
- Open TWRP 2.8 and select Install > SuperSu.zip and flash it.
- Reboot your device and find SuperSu in app drawer.
- Congrats! You’re now rooted as well.
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out.
Recovery Credits: Android Andi [We recommend donation to the developer for his hard work. Thank you all]