Kodi is the very first choice for entertainment freaks when it comes to picking up a streaming service. Kodi has changed the way we stream media on our devices. It has made its extremely easy to stream videos, music, TV shows on our computers, smartphones and other such devices. Kodi is available for almost all popular Operating Systems and platforms. It also comes built in some devices.
What makes Kodi cool is a number of plugins, Add-ons and builds that it supports. Kodi has hundreds of Add-ons which stream a different kind of media on your device. Builds bring a lot of Add-ons pre-installed. You can watch any movie of your choice inside Kodi. You can also stream your favorite TV show from a set-top box to the speakers. Kodi’s popularity has been increasing over the course of past few months. It is now the most popular video streaming platform. You would want to install as many Add-ons as you can once you come across the concept of Kodi. But installing so many Add-ons, builds and plugins may not always work fine.
Putting a lot of load on Kodi can slow down its performance. Kodi is just like a device within your device. Just like running a lot of applications can slow down the performance of your Android smartphone, Kodi’s performance can be slowed down as well. This needs clearing the cache of Kodi and finish the sluggishness from its responsiveness.
Clearing cache on Kodi is not as simple as it may seem. To clear cache in Kodi, you need the help of another Add-on. We are talking about the XFINITY Add-on. XFINITY’s XUNITY can bring a maintenance mode into your Kodi. Using this maintenance mode, you can fix all the performance issues of Kodi on your device. Let’s have a look at how we can get XFINITY and how it works.
Install Xunity Maintenance with XFINITY to clear cache in Kodi
- First of all, open Kodi on your device and go to Settings by clicking the small gear icon on the screen.
- In settings, click on the File Manager to open it.
- In the file manager, click on “Add source”.
- Click on “none“. It will bring up a text field to enter the URL.
- In the URL/text field, type: “http://www.xunitytalk.me/xfinity” and click Ok.
- Get back to the Kodi home screen now and click on “Add-ons“.
- Now in the Add-ons menu, a package installer button will appear on the top-left. It should be the very first icon. Click on this icon to open the package installer.
- In the next step, click on “Install from Zip“.
- A list of Add-ons will appear, click on Xfinity appearing in the list and let it show you the contents of Xfinity.
- From the list of installable tools, select the XunityTalk_Repository.zip file and let Kodi install it.
- You will get a notification shortly that the XunityTalk has been installed on your Kodi.
- Get back to the package installer menu and click on “Install from Repository”.
- From the repository, select XunityTalk Repository and find Program add-ons.
- In Program Add-ons, you will find Xunity Maintenance. Select Xunity Maintenance and then click on Install option appearing in the menu.
- Kodi will show you a notification about the installation completion of Xunity in a few seconds.
How to Clear Cache in Kodi using Xunity Maintenance:
- Get back to the home screen in Kodi.
- Click on Add-ons appearing on the left side in Kodi.
- In the list of Add-ons that you’ve installed, find the Xunity Maintenance and open it.
- Inside the Xunity Maintenance application, find the Maintenance tab and open it.
- In the Maintenace tab, find the option “Delete my cache” and click on it to clear the cache in Kodi.
- Xunity will show you a notification about the temporary files in your Kodi. Click on “Yes” to confirm your operation.
- You will get a notification telling you that the cache has been cleared. Click on Ok to get back to Kodi and check how fast it works now. That’s all.
That’s all with the procedure. I hope that you guys found it easy to follow and it worked like a charm. Right after clearing the cache, consider restarting your Kodi for once. In case you are still experiencing any issues with your Kodi, do not hesitate to reach us out through the comments section below.