Sony’s best iteration in the Xperia Z series, the Xperia Z3 is out all across the world and being chosen by so many users because of its great style, design, build and enchanting features. Xperia Z3, on the front, has a 5.0 inches full HD display. We’ve got a Snapdragon 801 CPU clocked at 2.5 GHz accompanied by Adreno 330 GPU and a RAM of 2 GB powering up this device. A 2.2 MP shooter on the front and a 20.7 MP shooter can be found at the back. A whopping 3100 mAh battery is placed under the hood to add life to Sony Xperia Z3. Out of the box it can be found running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, the device is set to get Android 5.0 Lollipop update as well.
It’s been pretty long since the Xperia Z3 is out now. There’s a lot of cool stuff including Mods, Tweaks, cool applications that require root access, customization and enhancement stuff available for Xperia Z3 now, but to do all that you need root access and most of methods would require you to unlock the bootloader of your Xperia Z3 first. Just in case you’re not an Android power user and you want to root your Xperia Z3 without unlocking the bootloader, a method is already out for you. XDA senior member zxz0O0 has packed up the exploit in a one-click root tool named as giefroot. The tool will root your Xperia Z3 in a few seconds only. Wondering how you can do so? Well, that’s our purpose for being here right now.
As you move ahead, you will find a complete guide to root your Xperia Z3 D6603/D6653 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat 23.0.A.2.293 firmware on a locked bootloader. You need to follow the instructions carefully and get it done successfully. Let’s go through the preps now.
Here are some early preparations:
- This guide is intended for Xperia Z3 D6603 or D6653 users with the firmware build 23.0.A.2.93 or a firmware older then October, 2014. You can check your device model number and software details in settings > about phone.
- You must have Android ADB & Fastboot drivers installed on your PC. Follow our guide to install Minimal ADB & Fastboot drivers in 2 minutes.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To do so, you need to enable Developer Options first. Go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times and you will get the Developer Options in settings now. Now open developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Also, enable Allow Mockup Locations under Developer Options on your Xperia Z3.
- Use OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and phone.
- Disconnect unnecessary USB devices to avoid connection conflict.
- Disable your firewall or any antivirus software if you’re using one.
- Follow the instructions to the letter and go ahead.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z3 D6603/D6653 [Locked Bootloader]
- Download the latest version of giefroot root tool. Get it here or here.
- Extract the downloaded root tool folder.
- Enable flight mode/airplane mode on your Xperia Z3.
- Now connect your device to your PC. Make sure that USB debugging and allow mockup location are enabled.
- Once attached, run the install.bat file from the extracted folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions now and finish the process, once done, disconnect your device.
- Phewww! you’re done, find SuperSu in app drawer and enjoy root access.
Don’t forget to backup your DRM keys now, and also check out our 10 best applications for rooted smartphones.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016