Samsung Galaxy A50 has received an unofficial build of TWRP custom recovery. The already-powerful-A50 is about to get more power now. Galaxy A50 owners can get TWRP custom recovery with the help of this tutorial. The guide also has a method to root the Galaxy A50. So, follow the steps given here to root Galaxy A50 and install TWRP Recovery.
Before you jump up to the guide to Root Galaxy A50 and Install TWRP, let me share some details of this phone with you.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A50
- 2 TWRP Recovery and Root for Galaxy A50 – What does it mean?
- 3 Who is this process for?
- 4 Root Galaxy A50 and Install TWRP Recovery
Samsung Galaxy A50
If there is any phone offering the best value-for-money at the moment, that is the Galaxy A50. The millennials have finally found a Samsung phone under a competitive budget with great specifications. Samsung Galaxy A50 is equipped with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED screen. It has a waterdrop notch bumping the screen ratio to 19:9. Galaxy A50 has three cameras at the back including 25MP main camera, 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 5MP depth sensor. On the front, the Galaxy A50 has a single 25MP camera. This phone is powered by Exynos 9610 CPU. It has RAM of 4GB or 6GB and it has the internal storage of 64GB or 128GB. It definitely has a microSD card slot too. The Galaxy A50 has a 4000 mAh battery inside. Its features also include a fingerprint scanner under the display. Galaxy A50 runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box.
TWRP Recovery and Root for Galaxy A50 – What does it mean?
If you already know what TWRP is and what you can do with root, you can skip this paragraph. Those of you who have no idea about these terms, let me put it down in simple words.
The TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery interface for Android phones. By default, all Android phones have a recovery with options like a reboot to bootloader and system, wipe cache, and factory reset. The recovery is capable of much more than these options, but the phone makers have locked them all down. To unleash the real use of recovery interface, we have custom recoveries like the TWRP. When you install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A50, it will replace the stock recovery of your phone.
In the TWRP recovery, you will find options like Install, Wipe, Backup, Restore, Advanced, and some other options. The Install option will let you install ZIP files, IMG files, and any other custom file you want. Using the Backup option, you can create a backup of all partitions of your phone. This includes the Nandroid and EFS partitions too. Through the Wipe option, you can wipe cache, Dalvik cache, and any partition separately. The Advanced option has the ADB terminal.
While the TWRP runs in the bootloader, the root works across your device. If you want to add new features to your phone, add something new to the UI, or just boost its performance, you will find root useful. There are thousands of applications that use root access to modify an Android smartphone. Check out the best root Apps for Android here. Here are some reasons to root an Android phone in 2019.
Who is this process for?
Anyone who wants to check the full potential of their Galaxy A50 can root and install TWRP. Newbies have to be extra careful while following the instructions. As long as they follow the procedure with full attention, they will get it done successfully. However, if you are not sure of this, you should not go ahead.
Another thing to keep in mind is that flashing custom recoveries or rooting the devices is not recommended by the phone makers. This procedure can void the warranty of the phone. It will also trip the Knox counter. In case something goes wrong, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible. Make sure that you understand all the risks.
Root Galaxy A50 and Install TWRP Recovery
- This guide is only for the Galaxy A50.
- Do not try to flash this recovery on any other phone.
- Charge your phone’s battery up to 50% before following the steps.
- Backup each and everything on your Galaxy A50.
- You need an external microSD Card for this.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging Mode on the phone.
- Disable Samsung Smart Switch while using Odin. If you do not have Smart Switch, skip this step.
- Follow the instructions with full attention.
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A50 – Download
- Note: All recoveries come with Magisk pre-patched. This means that your phone will be rooted in the recovery installation.
- Encryption Disabler.zip File – Download
- Copy this file to an external microSD card. The SD card should be in your phone.
Before you go ahead…Unlock the Galaxy A50 Bootloader
Samsung has started locking the bootloader of its devices. Usually, enabling the OEM Unlock simply unlocked the bootloader, but things have changed a bit now. The OEM Unlock option is still there on a few variants of the A50 phones, but some variants have a slightly different unlocking method. This can be checked by only going into the Download Mode on the phone. Here is what you have to do in such a case.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button to boot into recovery.
- In the recovery, select “Reboot to bootloader” and press Power button.
- This will boot your phone into the Download Mode.
- The Download Mode will show you “Press Volume Up for bootloader unlock”. Long pressing this key will unlock the bootloader and wipe your phone.
- Boot up your phone and immediately connect it to the internet. It will enter the rmm prenormal state otherwise. We don’t want the rmm prenormal.
- Skip the Google account part. We do not need the Google Account.
- Now power down your phone after setting it up.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Bixby key to boot into Recovery.
- In the recovery, select “wipe factory data reset”, press Power button and wipe the phone.
- Go back to the main menu in recovery and select “Reboot to bootloader”. Enter the Download Mode and follow the remaining instructions.
If your phone does not show anything called “Bootloader Unlock” in the Download Mode, you may skip the above process. Your phone will work simply with the OEM Unlock option.
Finally, here is the method to install TWRP and Root your Samsung Galaxy A50.
Guide to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A50 and Root it
- Open Odin 3.13.1.exe on your computer.
- In Odin, go to Options > Make sure the only checked option is F.Reset.Time. No other option should be checked.
- Come back to the main menu in Odin and click on AP tab.
- Select the TWRP Recovery.tar file for your A50 in the AP tab.
- Now boot your Galaxy A50 in the Download Mode. While your phone is in the Download Mode, connect it to the computer.
- Odin will show “Added” in the logs and also show a Blue light in the ID:COM box.
- Click on Start button in Odin. Odin will flash the Recovery with Pre-patched Magisk in only 2-3 minutes.
- Disconnect the phone after it ends, do not restart the phone.
- On the phone, press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button for a few seconds. It will take you into the TWRP Recovery directly.
- Click on Install in TWRP. Now click on Install Zip > Locate Encryption Disabler.zip file and flash it.
- Reboot your Galaxy A50 into the system now. That’s all.
Congratulations. Your Samsung Galaxy A50 has been rooted. It also has the TWRP recovery now. To manage root, you can install the Magisk Manager on the phone. If something goes wrong with the phone, immediately clear its cache and reboot the phone.
In case you are not satisfied with the TWRP recovery and root, here is the guide to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy A50.
If you have any queries or questions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.