Good news for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 owners. You can now update it to the all new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware. Wondering how? Well, that’s possible by means of a custom ROM as usual. CyanogenMod 13 based NightOwl ROM will help you to update your Galaxy Note to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The ROM is the result of hard work of XDA recognised developer bauner.
In the succeeding post we are going to show you a method to update your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to this Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 NightOwl custom ROM. Before flashing the ROM, be reminded that this is a beta build and it may contain quite many bugs. So, this ROM may not be kept as a daily driver as it’s only intended to give you a look and feel of Android Marshmallow for now. We expect future builds to bring stability. As the new builds come up, we will be updating the very same post. For now, let’s go ahead and flash the current available build.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Note N7000. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note N7000.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs voids the warranty of a device and its not recommended officially. While you’re going to do this, make sure that you’re doing this at your own risk. In case of a mishap TechBeasts, Samsung or the device manufacturers may not be held responsible.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note N7000 via CM 13 custom ROM
- Download CyanogenMod 13.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into CWM recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in CWM recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-13.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13.0 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into CWM or TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016
- Download Google Pixel Wallpaper App for Android [Wallpapers APK] - October 19, 2016