Recovery Mode in Android OS is used for multiple things. Whether the phone is soft-bricked, not starting, you just want to wipe cache or even install updates. It is the core for doing any advanced stuff. This guide takes you through the steps to enter recovery mode on OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 both. Whether the phone is stuck at startup or it just needs to be reset, recovery always comes in handy.
- How to take Screenshot on OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro
- How to Hard Reset or Factory Reset OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro
Note that if you are not sure about something, then don’t do it without supervision or guidance. Thankfully, the stock recovery of OnePlus 7 Pro / 7 is petty much mistake-proof. This means that there are checks set up everywhere. Phones asks you to confirm each action several times before executing it. There’s a good chance that we may press a wrong option by mistake. Therefore, the developers have done a good job at making sure that none of that stuff happens.
Lets just dive into it now and see how the whole thing works.
How to enter Recovery Mode in OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro
Recovery mode or “Stock Recovery” is home to Android’s most basic tasks. In includes stuff like installing update zip files, hard resetting the phone, wiping cache and so on. It is important to know how to access it and there are more than just one way to do it. Below are the two safest methods to enter recovery mode in OnePlus 7 Pro or OnePlus 7. These are both easy and foolproof. Therefore, you do not have to worry about messing things up.
First Method (From Homescreen)
Use this method to get into recovery (stock or custom) if your phone is turned on. It is simple to use since there are no weird button combinations. Moreover, it is only useful when the phone is functioning properly and you can turn the phone on just fine.
- Turn on the phone screen.
- Hold down the power button until you see the popup on top-right.
- Now tap on the “Recovery” button.
- If you do not see the recovery button, then open Settings > About Phone and tap the Build Number 7 times. A “You are now developer” toast should show up.
- Open Settings main page, scroll down and open System > Developer Options.
- Scroll down and enable “Advanced Reboot”.
- Once done, hold power button once again until the popup appears.
- Press the Recovery button now.
- The phone will reboot after this.
- If you have set a lock on your phone, it will ask you to enter it before entering recovery mode. This system is in place for security reasons.
- Then select the language and that’s it! You are now in OnePlus 7 Pro Recovery mode.
Second Method (When phone is turned off)
We take it that you are trying to enter recovery mode after either a soft brick or you just like to do it the old-fashioned way. Follow the steps below or manually open recovery on your phone.
- Turn off the phone and wait 10 seconds.
- Now hold volume down + power keys together.
- Keep both buttons pressed together until the OnePlus wake up logo appears.
- Now leave the buttons.
- If you have a password in place, it will show a keyboard for you to enter that password here first.
- Once done, the phone will open recovery screen here.
- That’s it! The OnePlus 7 Recovery mode works with touch mode and there are checks at every stage to ensure you don’t do anything by mistake! So, there is nothing to worry about.
The recovery mode of Android is like a second homescreen for power Android users. It server lot of purposes whether your phone is rooted or not. Therefore, follow one of the two easy methods to open recovery mode on OnePlus 7 Pro or OnePlus 7 above. And make sure to take some precautions like charging the battery just enough so that your phone does not run out of juice amidst any task.
Feel free to leave your feedback and queries in the comments section below