Chinese manufacturers make incredible tablets. In fact, most of the Android Tablets these days come from Chinese manufacturers like Huawei, Xiaomi, Coolpad, and some others. The Tablets that these companies make for the Chinese region, do not have the Google Play by default. If you wish to use Google Play on such Tablets, you will have to download it manually. This is your guide to download Play Store on Chinese Android Tablets manually. Let us first take a look into the reason why the Chinese Tablets do not have Play Store and then jump up to the tutorial.
Chinese Android Tablets and Play Store’s Absence
Chinese government controls all the information that flows across the country. It is totally up to the authorities what they want to allow and what they do not. The Chinese government especially does not allow the applications that belong to other regions. It has a strict policy towards the tech giants that belong to the U.S. Google and all of its applications are banned in China. Facebook and all of its applications are banned in China too. Twitter, Snapchat, and WhatsApp do not work in China either. To understand why China has banned all these applications, we can take a look at the case of Google.
A few years ago when Google refused to share data with the Chinese authorities, it had to face a ban. Google also refused to comply with the information control policies of the Chinese government. As a result, the Chinese government completely blacked out the Google Services including the Google Search, Gmail, Google Play Services, and the Google Play Store in its premises.
Since then, the Chinese Android consumers have been relying on alternatives to all such services. For example, they have the alternative search engines like Baidu and Sogou. They also have alternative email services. As a replacement of social media platforms like Facebook, they have Weibo. To replace WhatsApp, they developed WeChat.
To replace the Play Store, the Chinese app developers crafted a number of alternatives. At the moment, there are over 20 Google Play Store Alternatives in China. It doesn’t matter how good those alternatives are, they still cannot become a full replacement of the Play Store.
Play Store at the moment has applications close to 4 Million. It has billions of downloads per month. It has its own safety checks for all the applications. The Play Store is bound to provide the malware-free, safe and secure applications to its users. So, to cut it short, the Play Store is still missed on the Chinese smartphones and tablets.
Download Play Store on Chinese Android Tablets
Keeping in view the need of Play Store on Chinese Android Tablets, here is how you can download it. Follow the steps given below to download Play Store on Chinese Android Tablets.
Note: This guide is valid for Tablets from all the Chinese Tablet makers. You can download Play Store on Huawei, Xiaomi, Coolpad, Chuwi, Lenovo, Cube, Teclast, Onda, PiPo, Ployer, and all other Chinese Tablets.
- Google Mobile Services Installer for old Tablets (Before 2018): Download
- Google Mobile Services Installer new Tablets (2018 and onwards): Download
- The Google Installer: Download
- Copy both the APK files to your Tablet’s internal or external storage.
Enable Unknown Sources on your Tablet
- On your Tablet, go to Settings > Security & Privacy.
- Now find “Unknown Sources” or “Install Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Open this option and then click on the radio button to allow app installs from Unknown Sources.
- If you are seeing a list of applications in the Unknown Sources menu then click on Files or File Manager and then allow installations from this source.
Install Google Mobile Services (GMS) on your Tablet
- First of all, open a File Manager and find the GMS Installer APK.
- Click on the GMS Installer APK and start its installation.
- If the installation asks you for any permission, immediately allow it.
- Finish the installation and close the setup. Do not open the GMS at this point. Follow the next steps now.
Install Google Installer and run Google Play Store
- Open the File Manager once again and this time find the Google Installer APK.
- Click on the Google Installer to start its installation.
- Finish the Installer installation and then open it.
- As the Installer opens, click on the big blue button showing the “Install” option.
- It will ask you for permission to install six basic Google apps. These apps will be installed along side the Play Services and the Play Store.
- The Installer will keep showing you the progress in the big button in Yellow color.
- Once done, you will see the “Google Play Store” written inside a red button.
- Click on this button to launch the Play Store now. That’s all.
Note: To use the Google Play Store within China, you need a VPN. You can find the best VPN for Chinese Android phones here.
That’s all with the Play Store’s installation on a Chinese Tablet. I hope that this guide worked smoothly for you. If you have any suggestions, any queries or questions, feel free to reach out to me through the comments section or using our contact us page.