Galaxy Note 9 users can follow this guide to locate their phone now. There are multiple methods to track and locate lost Galaxy Note 9. I have put together the two best methods to track and track locate lost Galaxy Note 9. Before we begin with the guide, let’s look at the Galaxy Note 9 specs and the situations that this guide can help you with.
- 1 Powerful Galaxy Note 9
- 2 When do you need to Track and locate your Note 9?
- 3 Ways to find your lost Note 9
- 4 Track and Locate Lost Galaxy Note 9
Powerful Galaxy Note 9
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is one of the most beautiful devices to date. The Galaxy Note 9 is packed with the most powerful hardware and software that is available at the moment. Samsung has added massive upgrades to the Galaxy Note 9 over the Galaxy Note 8. Galaxy Note 9, on the front, has a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The Galaxy Note 9’s display is curved towards both the sides. This infinity display produces vibrant colors and performs the best in the sunlight as well. Galaxy Note 9’s screen has already been declared the best according to DisplayMate.
The Note is powered by Samsung’s in-house Exynos 9810 CPU or the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 CPU. There is a RAM of 6 or 8GB in this phone. The internal storage is 128GB or 512GB. Galaxy Note 9 uses Galaxy S9 Plus’s rear camera system. A dual setup can be seen at the back housing two sensors of 12MP each. On the front, there is an 8MP shooter. Galaxy Note 9’s battery is a massive 4,000 mAh. The phone runs on Android Oreo out of the box. Other internal include smart S-Pen that can control applications via Bluetooth, and a USB Type-C cable at the bottom.
When do you need to Track and locate your Note 9?
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is an expensive machine. Such an expensive phone comes with great responsibility. Handling this phone is not an easy task. You always have to beware of where you place your phone. Here are the scenarios in which you will need this guide.
- Your Galaxy Note 9 has been lost.
- Someone stole your Galaxy Note 9.
- You dropped your Note 9 somewhere.
- The Note 9 fell off your pocket.
- You forgot where you put your Note 9 recently.
- Galaxy Note 9 slid down the seat of your car and now you can’t find it.
- The phone went down your bed or inside the pillows, you need to ring it up to find it.
Ways to find your lost Note 9
First of all, I would like to say sorry for your great loss. But now that your phone is lost, let’s try our best to find it.
There are two services that are activated as soon as you set up your phone. One is Samsung’s Find My Mobile and the other is Google’s Find My Mobile. Both these services work with your respective accounts. For example, when you set up your new Galaxy Note 9, it asks you for a Google Account and a Samsung Account. It’s always important to set up these accounts. There are great chances that you have set up one of these accounts because, without them, the phone would look dull.
The other thing that you have to be sure of that your phone has an active internet connection. Both the services that I mentioned above, require an internet connection to work on. If there is no internet connection active on your phone, it will not be possible to track it.
The last thing that you need to take into account is a screen lock. If your phone was protected by a screen lock, no one will be able to turn it off, turn off the internet or remove the Find My Mobile service.
So to sum it up, these are the things that will make it possible for you to locate lost Note 9.
- The phone must have Google or Samsung Account activated.
- There must be an internet connection working on the phone.
- A screen lock protection must be applied to the phone.
- Your Galaxy Note 9 must not be on silent.
Track and Locate Lost Galaxy Note 9
Finding the lost Galaxy Note 9 via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Samsung Find My Mobile web page.
- Login to the Samsung Find My Mobile page from your computer or any other device.
- Make sure you are using the account that you used to sign into Samsung account on your phone.
- Find My Mobile will show a map if the map is empty then click on “Switch Map”. It will give you the last location of your phone and also the current location of the phone.
- Find My Mobile will bring also bring a list of options on the right side which will be as
- RING MY DEVICE
- LOCK MY DEVICE
- WIPE MY DEVICE
- Now depending on your choice, you can Ring your phone, you can remotely lock and yes, you can remotely wipe it to delete all your personal data from the phone.
- Choose your preference now and track your lost phone. That’s all.
Note: if you are completely unable to find the phone, consider wiping it remotely. This will protect your data from falling into the wrong hands.
Locate lost Galaxy Note 9 via Google Find My Device
Note: For this method, I have used my OnePlus 6 to show you the examples. However, the method remains the same for the Galaxy Note 9. Do not get confused by seeing the OnePlus 6 model number in the pictures.
The Google Search Method
For this method to work, you must log into your Google Chrome browser using the same Google account that was logged in to your phone.
- Open Google.com on your computer and log in using your Google Account.
- Now open Google.com again and in the search bar, type “Find My Device”.
- Google will try to locate your device and show you the device right in the search results.
- This is how it will look like.
- Now you can either find your device on the map, ring it or erase it remotely.
The Google Find My Device Page
- Open the Google Find My Device Page and log in using your Google Account.
- Now the Find My Device will show you the phone you are logged into.
- Look up for your phone on the map.
- Ring the phone if you think you dropped it nearby.
- Erase and lock the phone if it’s not nearby.
- That’s all.
This method is good enough to give an idea of your phone’s location or even to find your phone nearby. If your phone pops up somewhere far away on the phone, you might have to contact the LEAs in your are in order to find the phone. In case the phone is lost on a location you know about, consider going to the location and finding the phone physically as well. If you have any queries, feel free to reach out to me through the comments section.