The concept of stories was first coined by Snapchat. However, ever since Instagram copied it, it has become the most popular apps of choice. Instagram stories added a handy feature called “Music”. This feature allows the users to add original music tracks to Instagram stories. It shows up as a sticker. However, a lot of users may see the error saying “Instagram music is not available in your country”. This is due to some legal geo-restrictions. Therefore, we are going to show you how to use Instagram Stories music feature in any country around the world. Something as cool as this should not limited to few regions.
How does Instagram Stories Music work?
It is common for people to add music to their stories. It adds to the overall appeal. However, since this music is recorded via phone mic, therefore, the quality is not always the best. In order to make the sound quality super crisp, Instagram and Facebook added Music sticker. In order to add music sticker to Instagram stories, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on either the camera icon in top left or “Your Story” icon.
- Then add any image or video clip.
- Once shot, tap on the stickers icon in top bar.
- Here, you will see a sticker “Music”.
- Tap on it search for the music you want to add.
- Once selected, move the slider at bottom to add any 15 seconds clip from that song to your story.
- Once done, drag the music stick anywhere on your story.
- That’s it! This is how to add music to Instagram stories.
How to use Instagram Stories Music feature anywhere?
If you here, it means that you got the error saying “Instagram music is not available in your country”. This pops up when someone uploads music track to their Insta story. A sticker shows up but the music does not play. Most likely, the uploaded is from another country. This is because the music feature is available only in countries like UK, USA, Australia, Sweden, Canada. Therefore, if you are living outside of these regions, music sticker will not show up.
Follow the steps below to unlock music on Instagram Stories.
- Turn on the phone.
- Go to app drawer and long-press the Instagram icon.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- Now go to Play Store and install any VPN. Select one from our list of Best VPNS.
- Turn this VPN on and select UK, US or Australia as your server location.
- Once connected, open Play Store again.
- Search for Instagram.
- Tap on the Install icon next to it.
- Once installed, open the app and login with your personal account.
- You don’t need to create a new account for this.
- Now tap on the “Add Story” icon and you should see Music in bottom bar.
- Moreover, add music sticker after shooting a video clip or picture.
- Similarly, add sticker to a pre-recorded video or picture from gallery.
- Alternatively, scroll right in camera screen, to Music.
- Now select any music.
- And start recording a video. This clip would be longer than usual.
Error: Instagram Story Music not available with VPN
When trying to enable music on my Instagram, I came across this issue. The Music sticker won’t show up on Instagram even with the VPN. Moreover, changing the location of servers did not help either. It’s like the location on Instagram did not change even with the VPN. Therefore, we need to find a way to change the location of Instagram account.
The reason for this is the fact that services like Instagram and Facebook go out of their way to block proxies and VPNs. They try to detect the original location despite using VPN. Therefore, we need a VPN to bypass specific country restrictions or “Obfuscated servers“. To solve my issue, I used NordVPN and enabled the Obfuscated servers in its settings. It is working like a charm ever since.
Below is an example of how to enable it.
- Open the NordVPN or any other VPN app.
- Go to settings.
- Look for an option to bypass country specific restrictions.
- It is titled as “Obfuscated servers” in this case.
- Enable it.
- Also connect to the VPN with US, UK or Australia servers.
- Now go back to app drawer.
- Long press Instagram icon.
- Tap on App info.
- Here open the Storage tab.
- Clear cache and storage of Instagram app from here.
- Go back to app drawer and open Instagram app again.
- The music feature in Instagram story should now be available.
Instagram stories is currently the most popular platform to share your daily moments. Therefore, a cool addition like music sticker makes the stories even more special. The above given method may not work for every VPN at first try. In that case, try the troubleshooting method mentioned right below it.
Feel free to leave your feedback and queries in the comments section below.