Samsung has added the AR Emoji and the Super Slow-Mo features to the Galaxy S8. The latest update started rolling out for the device just yesterday. This update made its way to the Galaxy S8 users in Germany first of all. As usual, Samsung will take its time to roll out this update for all other regions. Galaxy S8 owners who cannot wait for the OTA to reach their region, they can flash the latest update manually to get AR Emoji and Super Slow-Mo on their phone. Follow this guide to get AR Emoji and Super Slow-Mo on Galaxy S8. The guide will show you the steps to install the latest G950FXXU4CRI5 firmware via Odin.
Samsung Galaxy S8
Before we install the update to grab those two new features, let us learn a little bit about the Galaxy S8. Samsung completely redesigned its flagship device back in 2016. The Galaxy S8 looked totally different from its predecessor. This phone followed a very impressive design language. Galaxy S8’s curved display was much better than the Galaxy S7 Edge.
Galaxy S8 comes with a 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display. It has a resolution of 2960 x 1440 pixels. Galaxy S8 is powered by Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895 CPU. This phone has a RAM of 4GB and internal storage of 64GB. At the back, Galaxy S8 has a 12MP camera. An 8MP camera is there on the front. Galaxy S8 has a 3,000 mAh battery inside. It ran on Android Nougat out of the box. Samsung updated the phone to Android Oreo earlier this year.
G950FXXU4CRI5 Update for Galaxy S8
The G950FXXU4CRI5 update packs AR Emoji and Super Slow-Mo for the Galaxy S8. Both these features are compatible with the hardware of the Galaxy S8. That is why it was easy for Samsung to add these features via a software update. Earlier, these features were available on the Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note 9. A few days back, Samsung added the same features to the Galaxy Note 8. Users were waiting for the Galaxy S8. The update for Galaxy S8 owners is here. They can now enjoy the two new exciting features on their device. Take a look at the steps to enable AR Emoji and Super Slow-Mo on the Galaxy S8.
How to get Super Slow-Mo and AR Emoji on Galaxy S8
- XXU4CRI5 Firmware for G950F/FD – Download [Extract the downloaded file to get AP, CP, BL, CSC and Home_CSC files.]
- Download Odin 3.13.1 and extract to get Odin3.exe file.
- Download and install Samsung Android USB Drivers.
- Open Odin3.exe file on your computer.
- Click on AP tab and select AP file. Load the BL file in BL tab. Add the CP file in CP tab. Add the HOME_CSC file in the CSC tab.
- Turn off your Galaxy S8 now.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power button to enter Download mode. Press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect the S8 to your PC now.
- Odin should show “Added” in the log box. If it shows Added, it means you are all set.
- Click on the “Start” button in Odin.
- Wait for the firmware to be flashed. After a while, your phone will be rebooted automatically. Disconnect the phone now.
Enable AR Emoji on Galaxy S8
- On your S8, open Camera application.
- In the Camera application, click on “Stickers”.
- Now click on “Create My Emoji”.
- This will take you to the Galaxy App Store to install “AR Emoji Maker”. Install this application.
- Now open the Camera once again and click on “Stickers”.
- Click on “Create My Emoji” now.
- It will turn on your phone’s front camera in order to take a selfie.
- Capture the selfie now and let it process to make an AR Emoji.
Enable Super Slow-Mo on Galaxy S8
- Open Camera application on your S8.
- Swipe towards the left to access the camera modes now.
- Click on Slow Motion or Slow-Mo to start using it.
- You are all set now.
That’s all. We are done with everything. Enjoy the new features on your S8 now. Don’t forget to share your thoughts about this guide with us.