Samsung’s recent flagship Galaxy S9 proved itself as one of the best selling Android phones in the market. Besides its fantastic specs, Galaxy S9 features great audio processing with Dolby Atoms technology. Dolby Atoms creates a room for 3D aural experience and recently brought into usage in Smartphones. Galaxy S8 users would be grateful to hear that the spectacular Dolby Atoms from Galaxy S9 was ported to the Galaxy S8 by a senior XDA Member ImbaWind. Here is a quick simple process on how to Install Dolby Atmos from the Galaxy S9 on Galaxy S8 Exynos.
The installation process is quite simple and done by flashing a SoundAlive Zip file on your phone using TWRP. You can flash it on any TouchWiz-based ROM. Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8. You can download the latest TWRP from here. Once you’ve downloaded the TWRP image, you can install it using our detailed guide on how to install TWRP on Galaxy S8.
- SoundAlive_8.0.21.zip -For headphones and speakers.
- SoundAlive_8.0.63.zip -For headphones only.
How to Install Dolby Atmos from the Galaxy S9 on Galaxy S8
- You need the SoundAlive packages to install Dolby Atmos from the Galaxy S9 on Galaxy S8. So, choose the files you need to install from the below steps.
- If SoundAlive file was already preinstalled on your ROM, you may only flash Dolby Installer 1.5.1.zip. It contains the required libraries for the Dolby Atmos system to work.
- You can change SoundAlive version on your device to the version given in the downloads section if you wish. But before that, you’ll need to uninstall current version before you flash the latest SoundAlive Zip and then flash SoundAlive Zip and Dolby Installer. To do this, you need to download any root app uninstaller from the Google Play Store to uninstall SoundAlive which is a system app. You can use the below app for that.
- If SoundAlive Zip was not installed on your ROM, you have to download and flash both SoundAlive Zip & Dolby Installer 1.5.1.zip.
- To flash the zip files as per your device configuration, go to TWRP recovery, navigate to install option, select the folder containing the zip file and swipe to flash it.
- That’s all.
If Dolby Atmos Doesn’t Work
The best way to test Dolby Atmos on your Galaxy S8 is by switching between music and movie mode. Alternatively, you can also check the logcat [collected while playing music] if the output contains something like “SAEffectManager” in the output. If the Dolby Atmos doesn’t work, you can try the below steps.
- Install System App Remover and uninstall SoundAlive APK from your device.
- Now flash the zip files once again to perform a clean install of the app and library files.
Successfully installed the mod on your device? Enjoy the new Dolby Atoms audio on your Samsung Galaxy S8!