The Chinese versions of the Huawei Honor 8X and 8X Max do not come with the Play Store installed in them. In order to download Google Play Store on Honor 8X and 8X Max, you need this guide. I have explained the procedure to install Google Play Store on Huawei Honor 8X and 8X Max in a few simple and easy steps.
Why your Chinese Honor 8X does not have Play Store?
Before taking a look at the steps to download Play Store on Honor 8X and 8X Max, it is important to understand why your Chinese Honor 8X doesn’t have the Play Store installed in it? Well, The Peoples Republic of China has its own rules and regulations for the applications to work within its premises. The Chinese government does not allow applications like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and WhatsApp to operate in its boundary. This is because the applications and platforms like Google and Facebook can potentially keep a track of the activities of their users. They do know what you are doing and what hour of the day or night.
The Chinese government cannot let its important information fall into the hands of the likes of Google and Facebook, therefore, it blocks their access in the country. This is why all the Chinese smartphones come without a Google Play Store. The Chinese phones have their specific stores instead. In the app stores of the Chinese phones, only the Chinese government approved applications are available.
Installing Play Store on the Chinese Honor phones is not completely restricted. The devices may not come with anything called Google in them, however, it’s really simple and easy to install the Play Store using third party resources. As you move further in this guide, you will learn the appropriate steps.
How to install Play Store on Chinese Honor 8X?
So now that you have purchased a Huawei Honor 8X from China and you are moving out of China, or you have purchased a Chinese Honor 8X while living in some other country, how are you exactly going to get the Play Store? Well, this guide is your gateway to install the Play Store on your Honor 8X.
The process to install Play Store on your Honor 8X is fairly simple. There are a Google Installer and a GMS Installer APKs that can bring the entire Play Services along with the Play Store to your Huawei Honor phones. The method that I’m going to mention here works for all the Huawei Honor handsets that belong to China. Now if you have landed on this page to install the Play Store on a phone other than the Huawei Honor 8X, you don’t have to worry. This method is going to work regardless of your phone model. Bear in mind that this stands valid for all the Huawei Honor smartphones only.
So folks without any further ado, follow the simple and easy steps given below to get the Play Store working on your Huawei Honor 8X or the Honor 8X Max now.
Preparations: Enable Unknown Sources first & Install GMS APK
- On your Honor 8X or the Honor 8X Max, open Settings.
- Now go to Advanced Settings > Security > Download from Unknown Sources > Allow.
- Google Installer APK for EMUI 10, EMUI 9 & Below: Download
- Download the GMSanzhuangqi APK. [EMUI 8 & Below]
- Copy the APK files to your phone.
- Using a file manager, locate the APK files.
- Install the GMSanzhuangqi. If it asks for any permissions, press “Install Anyway”.
- After installation, it will ask you to turn on the “Trust this application” feature. Turn it on and do not open this application at this point.
- Move to the next step now.
Update: To install Play Store on Huawei phones on EMUI 9, follow this guide.
Download Google Play Store on Honor 8X and 8X Max
- Download and copy the Google Installer APK to your phone.
- On your phone, using a File Manager, locate and open the Google Installer APK.
- Allow the APK installation now. If it asks for any permission, press “Install it Anyway”.
- If it asks for “Trust this application” option, tap the radio icon to turn it on to proceed with the installation.
- Now the option to open Google Installer will appear. Open it.
- Google Installer will now show you a big blue “Install” button at the bottom. This button will tell you to install the core Google applications. These should be 6 applications in total. Press this Install button now.
- The Installer will once again ask you to allow the installation, press “Install it Anyway”.
- Now whenever it asks you about the “Install it Anyway” option and the “Trust this application” option, you have to allow it. You will have to go through this for 6 installations in total.
- The Google Installer will now install all the applications one by one. It can take 3-4 minutes easily so hold on while it finishes up.
- In the end, a big red button will appear at the bottom of the screen mentioned “Google Play Store”.
- Tap the button to launch the Play Store. All done.
If you are facing trouble while installing the Play Store, take a look at the FAQs below. I have added all the solutions below. The solutions are added after verification.
- For the users who couldn’t load the GMS APK: Run the GMS APK and it will ask you to remove Google Apps. Run it now. Reboot your phone now. Open Huawei App Gallery and change region to China. Now search for Google Play Store or Play Services and install/update it.
- For the users who got a blank screen while loading Play Store: Run the GMS APK again, it will ask you to remove the Google apps. Answer Yes. After this, reboot your phone and check if there is an EMUI update. Update your phone. Now run the “Google Installer” application. This will install Google Apps in your phone. You can now run the Play Store.
- The users who are getting “This application may harm your device”: Reboot your device. If there is an update available, update your phone. Run the Google Installer straight away and install the Google Apps. Check if it works this time.
- Users who are getting a white screen, or force close errors while opening play store: Run the GMS APK on your phone again, it should ask you if you want to uninstall the Google Apps. Complete the uninstallation. Reboot your phone. Now only download the Google Installer 3.0 APK and install it. Complete the installation and you will have the play store. This solution has been verified by the users in the comment section below as well.
That’s all guys. You now have the Play Store installed on your phone which means you have access to the world’s biggest application repository. You can now install any application of your choice from Facebook to Snapchat. The Play Store has nearly 1 Billion applications in it. Feel free to enjoy it. If you have any queries or questions, feel free to reach out to me through the comments section below.
Last Updated: 26th October 2019