Hey folks! This is the OnePlus 7/Pro tutorial thread. Here you can find the guide to enter OnePlus 7 Pro Recovery Mode. Steps to Hard Reset OnePlus 7 Pro are given too. You can also Wipe Cache of OnePlus 7 Pro, enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlocking, and boot the phone into Safe Mode.
Before taking a look at all those OnePlus 7 Pro tutorial, let’s take a look at this device’s recap.
OnePlus 7 Pro is out in all its glory. Just like the previous OnePlus phones, this new flagship has successfully attracted masses. There are many reasons that make the OnePlus 7 Pro a great choice for the millennials. The value it offers with a price tag equal to that of mid-rangers, that is great. Take a look at OP7 Pro’s spec-sheet here.
- 1 OnePlus 7 Pro – The Beast
- 2 OnePlus 7 – The OnePlus 6T Rebooted
- 3 OnePlus 7 Pro Tutorial
- 4 Enable Developer Options on OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro
- 5 OnePlus 7 Pro Advanced Reboot
- 6 OnePlus 7 Pro Recovery Mode
- 7 OnePlus 7 Pro Bootloader Mode
- 8 OnePlus 7 Pro Hard Reset
- 9 OnePlus 7 Pro Wipe Cache Partition
- 10 OnePlus 7 Pro Safe Mode
- 11 OnePlus 7 Pro USB Debugging Mode
- 12 OnePlus 7 Pro OEM Unlocking
- 13 OnePlus 7 Pro Screenshots
- 14 OnePlus 7 Pro Screen Recording
- 15 Wrap Up
OnePlus 7 Pro – The Beast
Let’s get the unique features of this handset out of the way first. OnePlus 7 Pro doesn’t have any notch, punch-hole, or camera cutout on the front. It sports an all-screen front. The screen size is 6.67-inches at its ratio is 19.5:9. This is a 90 Hz display with a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels. It supports HDR10+. OnePlus has not mentioned what kind of protection this phone is using, but according to the reviews, it’s either Gorilla Glass 5 or 6. There is a fingerprint scanner beneath the screen.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 coupled with Adreno 640 GPU is powering this device. It has a RAM of 8GB or 12GB with an internal storage of 256GB. In the camera department, the OnePlus 7 Pro has got 3 of them at the back. It’s got a main 48MP shooter, 16MP ultrawide camera, and an 8MP telephoto with 3x optical zoom. On the front, it’s got the 16MP camera.
A 4000 mAh battery adds life to this phone. It supports 30W warp charging. There is no 3.5mm headphone jack. OnePlus offers this handset in Mirror Grey, Almond, and Nebula Blue colors.
OnePlus 7 – The OnePlus 6T Rebooted
The OnePlus 7 looks like a refreshed version of OnePlus 6T. It’s got the same full HD 6.4-inch display with a waterdrop notch. It’s also got the same Optic-AMOLED screen. There is still the 3700 mAh battery in this phone. The rear camera gets the new 48MP shooter alongside a 5MP depth sensor. No ultrawide or telephoto for the OnePlus 7.
On the hardware and power end, it shares the same Snapdragon 855 with the OP7 Pro. The RAM options of this handset are 6 and 8GB with an internal storage of 128GB or 256GB. OnePlus 7 comes without a headphone jack too. It’s got different color options like the Red and Mirror Gray.
Both handsets run on Android 9 Pie out of the box themed by the latest OxygenOS 9.5.
Alright! That’s it about the new smartphone. Let’s go through the guides one-by-one to master it.
OnePlus 7 Pro Tutorial
Remember that the OnePlus 7 Pro tutorials given below will work on the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro both.
Enable Developer Options on OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro
Developer options have the settings/preferences that you will not find in the phone otherwise. From the Developer Options, you can do things like slowing down the animations on the phone, reverting the colors of the screen, take a look at the running services, and so on. One of the greatest uses of the Recovery mode is to enable the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode. So, here’s how to enable Developer Options on OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Open Settings on the OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Go all the way down to the About Phone option and open it.
- Find “Build number” and click on it 7 times.
- Now go back to Settings.
- Scroll down and find Developer Options at the end.
OnePlus 7 Pro Advanced Reboot
Advance reboot will give you the options to reboot into Recovery or Bootloader mode right from the phone. This means no volume and power button combination. Here is how you can enable OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro’s Advanced Reboot.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Scroll down and find Advanced Reboot next to Webview implementation.
- Click on the radio-toggle to enable it.
- Pressing the power button for 5 seconds will show you the advance-reboot menu now.
OnePlus 7 Pro Recovery Mode
The recovery mode will let you wipe the cache partition, hard reset, and do many other things on your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro. Here is how you can boot into recovery mode.
Since you have enabled the Advance Reboot, we will use the easier method first.
- Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds while your phone is on.
- You will see options like Reboot, Recovery, Bootloader, and Screenshot.
- Click on Recovery and let the phone reboot.
- In about 5-10 seconds, you will see the recovery mode now.
- If you have any password or pin set up, enter it, otherwise, just click the enter button without any password.
- Select the recovery language now and get in. That’s all.
The 2nd method uses the button combination while your phone is powered off. In many cases, you will need the recovery mode when your phone is not turned on and it’s off instead. Here is how to do this.
- Make sure your OnePlus 7/Pro is turned off. If it’s not, you may turn it off.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Power button for about 10 seconds.
- As soon as the phone vibrates, let the keys go.
- You will see the recovery in a while.
- Enter the password and proceed, if you did not have any pin/password, press enter without it.
- Choose recovery language now to access all the options.
- To get out of recovery, go back to the main menu, click on Advanced > Reboot > System.
Remember that your phone’s navigation keys will work in the recovery mode just as they do normally.
OnePlus 7 Pro Bootloader Mode
With the help of Advanced Reboot, you can do it easily.
- While you are on the home screen of your phone.
- As you see the reboot options, click on Bootloader.
- The phone will take a few seconds to take you to the bootloader.
- Your phone is now ready for ADB sideloading and other such operations.
- Reboot your OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, click on Reboot > Bootloader.
- Let your phone reboot into the bootloader now.
OnePlus 7 Pro Hard Reset
Hard resetting your OnePlus 7 handset will wipe everything stored on it. This includes all your data i.e. images, videos, music files, documents, apps, contacts, call logs, messages, and everything else. It’s a good option to reset the performance of your phone or if you just want to fix some random boot loop or heating up problem. Here is your best method to hard reset a OnePlus 7.
- Reboot OnePlus device into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery mode, click on Wipe cache and data.
- Now click on Erase everything > Yes.
- Enter the password if you set any, if you did not, press the enter button without the password.
- This will start the erase process. It can easily take up to 5 minutes.
- After erasing, go back to recovery > advanced > reboot > system.
- Set up your OnePlus 7 Pro as a new handset now.
OnePlus 7 Pro Wipe Cache Partition
Wiping cache can fix potential issues on the phone. If your OnePlus 7/Pro is heating up, having battery problems, performance issues, or anything else, clearing cache might help it big time. Here is how you wipe cache partition without losing data.
- Reboot the OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, click on Wipe cache and data.
- Now click on Wipe cache > Yes.
- Go back to the main menu in recovery now.
- Click on Advanced > Reboot > System.
- The cache is clear and your phone will get a performance refresh.
OnePlus 7 Pro Safe Mode
Safe Mode disables all the apps on your OnePlus 7. This can help you find out an application that is creating a problem on the phone. The Safe Mode does not disable system apps. it only disables third-party apps. So, if your phone has been having any problems lately and you think that an app is behind those problems, the Safe Mode is going to be the savior. Here is how to boot the OnePlus 7 Pro in Safe Mode.
- Turn off the OnePlus completely.
- Now turn the phone on again.
- As soon as the phone vibrates and shows the OnePlus logo, press the Volume Down key.
- Keep the Volume Down key pressed until you see the home screen.
- As you enter the home screen, let the key go.
- You will find the Safe Mode logo on the lower left corner of the screen.
- All apps have been disabled now.
- To get out of the Safe Mode, just reboot the handset.
OnePlus 7 Pro USB Debugging Mode
USB Debugging mode helps your phone with connects to the computer.
- Enable Developer Options on the OnePlus 7.
- In the Developer Options, scroll all the way down to find USB Debugging.
- Click on the radio toggle next to USB Debugging to enable it.
- If the phone shows any warning or asks for permission, allow it.
- Connect the phone to the computer now.
- The phone will ask for permission now. Allow it.
- The USB Debugging Mode has been fully enabled now.
OnePlus 7 Pro OEM Unlocking
OEM Unlocking will let you unlock the bootloader, root the phone, flash a custom recovery, or sideload anything on the phone.
- Enable Developer Options on OnePlus 7.
- Open the options now and find OEM Unlocking.
- Click on the radio button toggle next to OEM Unlocking.
- If the phone shows any warning, read it and click Ok.
- The OEM Unlocking has been enabled now.
OnePlus 7 Pro Screenshots
There are three methods to take screenshots on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. Here is how you can do it.
- Press the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously to capture the screen.
- Press the Power button > Screenshot to capture any screen.
- Enable the 3-finger swipe from the settings. Now swipe three fingers altogether on the screen to take a screenshot.
All the screenshots will be saved in the Gallery/File Manager of the phone. That’s all.
OnePlus 7 Pro Screen Recording
OnePlus 7 Pro comes with an in-built screen recorder. This screen recorder is great for recording games, not that it records the screen, almost all Android phones, and iPhones do that… The OnePlus 7 Pro can record the in-game audio or the audio of a video that is playing on your OnePlus 7 Pro. Here is how to use it.
- On the OnePlus 7 Pro, play any game or a video.
- Pull down the notifications panel and go to the 2nd page of toggles.
- You will find the “Screen Recorder” there now.
- Click on the screen recorder button to start the recording now.
- You are all set. Record anything you want. It will be stored in the Gallery/File Manager.
That’s all with all the possible OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro tutorials. If you like the OnePlus 7 Pro Tutorial guide, do let us know in the feedback below. In case you have got any further questions, feel free to drop them below as well. If you want anything else added to this guide, we are ready to do that too. Stay connected to learn more about OnePlus 7.