Update: In October 2019, Tencent Gaming Buddy was rebranded as Gameloop. The guide that you are going to take a look at works for Gameloop or Tencent Gaming Buddy.
Got a problem with your Gameloop or Tencent Gaming Buddy? It’s time to fix it. This is the guide to Fix Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy Errors like the Error Codes, Lag Issues, FPS Drop, Performance, Installation, and Lag Issues.
Tencent Gaming Buddy is the Android emulator tailor-made to run PUBG Mobile on computers. It was developed by Tencent to not to let the PUBG Mobile gamers use any other emulator. The Tencent Gaming Buddy perfectly met the needs of the players of the most popular Battle Royale game. The PUBG Mobile runs smoothly on the TGB emulator. The optimization offered by TGB makes PUBG Mobile look super awesome on a computer.
Tencent Gaming Buddy offers advanced control to the gamers. They adjust each and every single preference of the emulator according to their computer’s hardware power. TGB can run on a computer having a RAM as low as 512MB. No other emulator is capable of running on this low memory. It is also compatible with the least powerful graphics cards out there.
Since Tencent Gaming Buddy is a very flexible emulator, it is very common for errors to occur on such a program. The Tencent Gaming Buddy can sometimes show you a frame drop. It can also show you Error Codes like Error Code 2, 3, 5. The Mic doesn’t work sometimes, which is really important for playing a game like PUBG Mobile. The emulator’s loading gets stuck at 98% some times. There are many other random errors that can hamper your smooth TGB experience. Fortunately, all these Tencent Gaming Buddy Errors can be fixed with the help of easy solutions. As you go ahead, you will find the solutions to all of your TGB problems.
- 1 Fix Gameloop and Tencent Gaming Buddy Errors
- 2 Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy Error Codes
- 3 Fix Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy PUBG Mobile Lag & FPS Drop
- 4 Gameloop or TGB Loading Stuck on 98%
- 5 PUBG Mobile Voice Chat Not Working | Mic Not Working
- 6 Gameloop Failed to Start the Engine | Failed to Start the Emulator
- 7 Keys not working on Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy | Keyboard Mapping not working | No controls
- 8 Update your Graphics Card Driver
- 9 COD Mobile or PUBG Mobile not working on Tencent Gaming Buddy | PUBG Mobile Alternative Emulators
- 10 Banned from PUBG Mobile
- 11 Final Words
Fix Gameloop and Tencent Gaming Buddy Errors
The following are all the problems that occur on Tencent Gaming Buddy. The solution to each problem is listed next to it.
Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy Error Codes
Error Code 2, 3, 5
- Uninstall Tencent Gaming Buddy from your computer.
- Now go to C:\Program Files and find the “Tencent” folder.
- Delete the Tencent folder.
- Re-install the emulator. It should work fine.
Error Code 31 or Download Failed, Please Retry
- Open Start menu on your computer and type “cmd”.
- Open cmd now and enter this command: netsh winsock reset
- After the command is executed, close cmd and restart your computer.
- Try running TGB emulator now.
Another method to fix Error Code 31
- First of all, remove temporary files. To do so, go to Start menu and type “Run”.
- Open the Run window and type “TEMP” and hit enter.
- Now delete all temporary files.
- Also, type %TEMP% in run and delete the files that you see then.
- Now go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Change your account name > Change the name.
- Also, change the account type from Admin to Standard and vice versa.
- Restart your computer now.
- Re-install the Tencent Gaming Buddy now.
Tencent Gaming Buddy 100% CPU Usage
- Close all the programs on your computer.
- Open Tencent Gaming Buddy and close it.
- Repeat the 2nd step again.
- Open the TGB emulator now. It should be working fine.
Fix Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy PUBG Mobile Lag & FPS Drop
As I mentioned above, TGB gives the gamers extended control over its settings. By default, the emulator is set to consume the maximum resources of your computer. If you do not adjust the emulator according to your computer’s power, you may face the Lag issue and also the frame drop issue while playing games like PUBG Mobile. Especially, if you try playing an FPS game on Tencent Gaming Buddy, you are likely to face the FPS Drop issue. You can fix all such issues by optimizing the performance of Tencent Gaming Buddy. Following are the best TGB optimization tips that will make it smooth.
- First of all, go to C:\program files\txgameassistant\appmarket.
- Right click on AppMarket.exe > Properties.
- Click on Compatibility and select a lower version of Windows i.e. Windows 8 or Windows 7.
- Also, click on “Run this program as administrator”.
- In case you are using Windows 7, install the latest version of DirectX. If you are on Windows 8/10, skip this step.
- Now open Tencent Gaming Buddy and go to its settings.
- Go to Engine now.
- If you have a good GPU, select OpenGL+. If your GPU is average, select OpenGL.
- In case you have a good CPU, click on DirectX+. For an average CPU, click on DirectX.
- Now check all the boxes. Check Prioritize Dedicated GPU only if you have a dedicated Graphics Card.
- Keep the Anti-aliasing closed.
- Set the Memory and Processor values as you wish. Do not set the highest value here.
- Save the settings now and play the game.
Gameloop or TGB Loading Stuck on 98%
The TGB emulator often gets stuck on 98% while loading. When this starts happening, it keeps happening for at least 5 times out of 10. Luckily, this is also a common issue, which means that it can be easily fixed too. Follow the solutions given below one by one to find out the one that works for you.
Change TGB Emulator Engine
Since TGB Emulator uses DirectX or OpenGL to run its engine, it can create problems. The OpenGL relies on the GPU of your computer and the DirectX relies on the CPU. If you are using OpenGL and the GPU of your computer is not meeting the requirements, it can make create loading issues for the emulator. To fix this, you can switch from OpenGL to DirectX and vice versa. For one of these options, the TGB will continue to work fine.
Delete Temp Folder
Deleting the Temp Folder can refresh the entire TGB emulator. Before you apply a more complex method to fix loading issues, you should try deleting the Temp folder. The Temp folder resides in the TGB emulator’s installation directory. For example, if you installed the emulator in your C drive, the Temp folder is there in the C drive. If you are not sure where to find this folder, you can find its location by going into the options of TGB Emulator > Diagnostics > you will find the Temp folder’s location at the bottom. Open this folder and delete the temporary files. Open the TGB after this and it should be working fine.
The Tencent Gaming Buddy has a lot of files that need to run without any hindrance. The Windows Defender and Antivirus often blacklist the files of many programs. The files are not harmful, but even then, the Defender and Antivirus can block them. This will not let the TGB load all of its resources. To fix this, uninstall the TGB Emulator first of all. Now open Windows Defender and disable all of its activities. Similarly, uninstall the Antivirus from your computer if you have any. After this, restart your computer. Install the Tencent Gaming Buddy again now. It should be loading fine.
PUBG Mobile Voice Chat Not Working | Mic Not Working
First of all, run Tencent Gaming Buddy in the background. Make sure that your Mic is connected to the computer via USB. Follow the steps given below now.
- Open the Start Up menu on the computer.
- Type “Sound mixer options” and open it.
- You will see a list of apps that are playing sound right now.
- In front of Tencent Gaming Buddy, change the Output and Input values to USB.
- Now go to Start Up menu again and type Sound and open Sound settings.
- Click on Recording > Right click on your Mic > Properties > Advanced > Uncheck all options > Apply.
- Close Tencent Gaming Buddy and open it again. The audio issue should be resolved.
Gameloop Failed to Start the Engine | Failed to Start the Emulator
- Download and install Process Hacker on your computer.
- Open Process Hacker.
- In the Search Box, search for “aow”.
- As you find aow_xxxx.exe, kill it or terminate the process.
- Try running COD Mobile or PUBG Mobile or any other game in the Gameloop or TGB emulator now.
Method#2 – Manual
- Open TGB on the computer and go to its Settings> Basic.
- Now uncheck the “Run at startup” option.
- Restart the computer now.
- Now go to C:\program files and locate the folder “TxGameAssistant”.
- Rename this folder to anything else, for example, TxGameAssitantX.
- Restart the Tencent Gaming Buddy emulator now.
- The emulator will show you some errors like Can’t start AOW engine or it will be stuck on the download at 1%.
- Close the emulator and restart the computer now.
- Now rename the TxGameAssistantX to TxGameAssistant again and re-launch TGB. That’s all.
Keys not working on Gameloop/Tencent Gaming Buddy | Keyboard Mapping not working | No controls
- Open the settings of the game you are playing.
- Click on Controls and then click on customize.
- Now click on Reset and then Save.
- Now open Tencent Gaming Buddy keymap Settings from the right side.
- The KeyMapping and Gaming Resolution should be the same now.
- Click on Reset and Save again.
- Restart the TGB Emulator now.
Update your Graphics Card Driver
If you are getting this error, it simply means that you need to update the drivers. You can download the official driver downloader for your laptop or Desktop PC, or you can also download a program like Driver Booster. Look for all the outdated drivers and update them. After updating the drivers, restart your computer and launch the TGB emulator again. It should get rid of this error now.
COD Mobile or PUBG Mobile not working on Tencent Gaming Buddy | PUBG Mobile Alternative Emulators
In case the Tencent Gaming Buddy is not running PUBG Mobile for you, or you are not liking the look and feel of this game in the TGB, you can opt for the alternatives. There is a number of TGB Alternatives to play PUBG Mobile. You can either get the BlueStacks 4 or the Nox Player for this purpose. Here are the exact steps.
- Download and install BlueStacks 4 or Nox Player.
- Open the emulator and then log in using your Google Account.
- Now open the Play Store and find PUBG Mobile.
- Install the game and launch it from the app drawer / all apps.
- You can set up the keys and controls now.
- Enjoy PUBG Mobile on another emulator now.
Banned from PUBG Mobile
The developers of PUBG Mobile have a very strict check on the players. If anyone caught cheating, deception, or using any malicious techniques, he/she may get banned immediately. If you don’t want to lose your valuable PUBG Mobile profile, make sure that you do not cross the boundaries set by the developers. A game is good as long as the Fairplay is being implemented. Follow the rules, test your mettle, and prove how good of a player you are. Once banned, there is no way to get your PUBG Mobile account back. Always be careful.
That’s all. I hope you have fixed all of your Tencent Gaming Buddy Errors. If you have any problem that should be listed in this post, feel free to drop it in the comments section below. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Stay connected :).
- How to install any APK on Tencent Gaming Buddy
- Download Tencent Gaming Buddy for PC
- Best Tencent Gaming Buddy Alternatives for PUBG Mobile
- Download Google Play Store on Tencent Gaming Buddy