It seems Spotify new update did mess thing up. We have seen many users reporting about Spotify buttons on lock screen no longer working. Moreover, all of these reports came from Android users, Seems like iOS users are having fun with Spotify without any problems.
In this post, we will tell you what to do if you are among those users. In order to Spotify buttons on lock screen no longer working, you need to work with us. First, let’s tell you what users are reporting and then we will proceed with the fixing process.
If you started facing this issue after updating your Spotify app to the latest version, you can fix it with ease. However, if that is not the case, then you need to do a bit more.
Users from Reddit:
If you are an Android user and facing Spotify buttons on lock screen not working problem. Then heed the instructions below to fix it.
A simple reboot is an ultimate solution to every problem you face on your gadgets. In this case, it might work for you too, as it did work for Reddit user ” Solful “. All he did was he restarted his device and Spotify buttons on lock screen started working.
Clear Cache & Data:
- On your Android phone, go to Settings.
- Find the Application Manager or Application settings.
- In the Application settings, swipe towards the All or the Running Applications tab.
- Select the application of which you want to clear the cache and data.
- A list of further options will appear now, tap the Storage option.
- Under the Storage option, you will find Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
- Tap the button according to your liking.
- That’s all.
Download and Install Old Spotify Version [ APK ]:
We have added the links of old Spotify versions below, all you have to do is download the old Spotify version APK from the following links. Once you have the APK, follow the instruction provided at the end of the post to install the Spotify APK.
Install Spotify APK:
- Download Spotify APK
- Copy the APK to your phone.
- Open the File Manager on the phone and then open Spotify APK.
- Install the APK. If the phone asks for unknown apps installation permission, allow it.
- Finish the APK installation now.
- Launch Spotify from the App Drawer.