Huawei’s recent flagship Huawei P20 Lite was launched in March this year. It runs on the recent version of Android which is Android 8.0 Oreo-based on Huawei’s custom skin built for its devices known as EMUI which has been bumped up to EMUI 8.0. The company always tries to refine its EMUI software on top of Android core system. However, a senior XDA member DarkJoker360 ported the AOSP 9 Pie ROM on Huawei P20 Lite. Here’s how to install AOSP 9 Pie ROM on Huawei P20 Lite.
Huawei P20 Lite is also among the many smartphones launched this year that comes with a notch on top of the display. Also, the device’s top bezels have been reduced considerably whereas the bottom chin is still present on the phone. It has a glass body, unlike a plastic one, which makes it a bliss to hold. The fingerprint sensor is snappy and unlocks in a flash. It is very light and the dimensions are spot on.
The device has a 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 screen alongside a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. Huawei P20 Lite is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 coupled with 4GB RAM for 64GB and 128GB of(ROM) internal storage options. Apart from that, the device’s internal storage can be further expanded up to 256GB with the help of a MicroSD card. There’s a dual rear camera set up in the P20 Lite which has a 16MP primary sensor with an aperture of f/2.2 along with a 2MP depth sensor.
AOSP Pie ROM
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Pixel devices stock. So Android is a free open-source operating system. The AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is free to download, free to alter, free to build into a product that can power just about anything. But it’s probably not something you’ve ever used when you picked up an Android phone. Since the ROM is based on the official AOSP code, it does not include any other modifications or tweaks like on a regular custom ROM.
Being an Android Open Source project (AOSP) brings up the latest Google developed OS interface as custom ROM firmware. Android is an open source software stack for a wide range of mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google.
Android Pie has its edge over the previous versions, as it provides a lot of new features and improvisations. Some of the major features include Gesture-based Navigation, Adaptive Battery, App Actions & Slices, revamped Quick Settings and device settings, smart replies in notifications and more. It brings you the latest Google developed OS customizations.
So try, flash this massive AOSP 9 Pie ROM on Huawei P20 Lite.
AOSP Pie ROM Features
- Latest Security Patches
- OTA updates
- Expanded Desktop
- VIA Browser
- Heads up Customizations
- Battery Styles and Percentage
- Advanced Ambient Display
- Night Mode QS Tile
- Flip Button Animations
- LockScreen Shortcuts
- Advanced reboot
- Open Source
- Dynamic notification drawer headers
- Update all packages
- Update APNs
- Add OP gestures
- call recording
- Add call statistics
- Per call account selection
- Add and imLiteve LTE toggle tile
- QS tile accent tint toggle
- Fix black, opaque notification shade issue
- APN bearer settings
- Fix lock clock size after rebooting
- Notification sound crash
- Fix few NPEs
- UI/UX imLitevements
- Performance imLitevement and bug fixes
Special Pie Features
- Gesture Navigation: With this release of Android, the Google removed the original home button with a pill that supports gestures. For instance, the users can slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- Revamped recent apps: With the earlier versions of Android, there used to be a stacked card list of Recent Apps. This is now replaced with a horizontal card list.
- Revamped user interface: The Android 9 Pie has an all-new user interface which is even more minimal. Google has used the Color Sche,e which they call it as Material Design 2 with this version of Android.
- Digital Wellbeing: Also known as Digital Wellbeing is One of our personal favorite features of the Android 9 Pie is the addition of a Dashboard. Now, the dashboard is that feature which would help you track your overall usage. Users can track the app(s) usage, sleep and more. The objective here is to prevent distractions and focus on Liteductive things.
- Adaptive Battery: Durability fines the performance levels.
- It also packs extra settings in the Settings menu which allows you to customize everything from your status bar, battery settings, lock screen and much more.
- Internal/External storage
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation Litecess.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Huawei P20 Lite. You can follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
Here’s a quick view on how to install AOSP Pie ROM on Huawei P20 Lite.
How to Install AOSP 9 Pie ROM on Huawei P20 Lite
- Download and transfer the AOSP Pie ROM and Gapps to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the AOSP Pie ROM file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- Now flash the Gapps Zip same as the ROM file.
- Reboot your device once both the files are flashed.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll be welcomed with the AOSP Pie OS setup screen.