Skype recently added the video call recording feature. With this latest feature, the users can record any video call. Skype has made this update available for all the platforms.
The way Skype video call recording works is amazing. First of all, this is not going to be a secretive recording. All the parties involved in a video call will get to know whether the call was recorded or not. As soon as a call, that was being recorded, ends, the recording will appear in the chat box informing all the parties about it.
The video calls recorded over Skype can be downloaded offline as well. The calls primarily are stored on Skype’s cloud server. Skype will keep the recordings for around 30 days. If you wish to download the call within those 30 days, you will find it there.
With the introduction of Skype video call recording, there is no need to use the third-party call recording tools. The built-in call recorder works smoothly and up to the mark.
How to Record Video Calls on Skype
Skype users who still have no idea how to record video calls, they can take a look at this guide. Here are the steps to record video calls on skype.
- Call someone on Skype.
- During your call, click on the + button for more options.
- Now on your desktop Skype, you will click on “Start recording”.
- On the phone, you will press the dotted button.
- The recording will start now and a banner will appear in the call informing everyone about the recording.
- After the call ends, the recording will be posted in your chat box and it will stay there for 30 days.
Saving Skype Call Recordings
- On the desktop or Laptop, click on More options.
- Now download the recording and save it as an MP4 file by saving it to your downloads.
- On the phone, long press the recording and save it to your phone.
Just like you forward your messages, you can forward the call recordings as well. The call recording can be deleted from your chat box like the messages as well.
Let me know what do you think of this latest feature in Skype. Are you going to use this? If you have any queries, reach out to me through the comments section below.