Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a monster in its pure form. If you think that you want to unleash the real power of this beast, you can do it by rooting the phone and then applying a few customizations. The king of modification, Xposed Framework has been released for Android Nougat. Furthermore, the Xposed developer released an updated version of Xposed particularly for the Samsung Galaxy smartphones running Android Nougat. Galaxy Note 8 also runs on Android Nougat, this means you can now enjoy Xposed Framework on your powerful Galaxy Note 8.
A TWRP recovery and method to root the Galaxy Note 8 are already available. Exynos Galaxy Note 8 users can flash the Xposed Framework using the TWRP recovery. At the moment, Snapdragon Galaxy Note 8 users cannot enjoy Xposed on their phone since the Snapdragon variant doesn’t have a TWRP recovery yet.
Possibilities of modification via Xposed
There are thousands of mods that you can apply on your Galaxy Note 8 right after flashing the Xposed Framework on your phone. You can install the Gravity Box Xposed Module after flashing the Xposed Framework on your phone. With the help of Gravity Box, you can modify every single UI element of your phone.
You can change the entire look of your phone’s lock screen. You can change the notification bar, the notification panel, status bar, icons tray, application icons and everything else that’s you want to change on your phone. Users can block all the annoying ads on your phone, you can play Youtube in the background and a lot more. With the help of Xposed, the customization possibilities on your Galaxy Note 8 are endless.
Xposed Framework is particularly for the users who do not want to go through the hassle of flashing a custom ROM on their phone and they want tons of useful features on their phone as well. Xposed can modify your stock ROM to give your phone a great feel and look.
Installing Xposed Framework on your Galaxy Note 8 running Android Nougat is incredibly easy. You just have to follow these steps to download and install Xposed Framework on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 now.
Xposed for Android 7.1 Nougat
The Xposed for Android 7.0 Nougat
Xposed Framework APK
- Download the Xposed Framework APK to manage Xposed Modules.
Note: This guide will work with the Galaxy Note 8 Exynos variant for now. If you have a TWRP recovery for the Snapdragon Galaxy Note 8, you may flash it only then. The development for official Xposed Framework for Android Oreo has started as well.
How to install Galaxy Note 8 Xposed Framework
- Make sure that your phone has a custom recovery installed on it.
- Boot your phone into the custom recovery.
- If you are using TWRP recovery, tap Install > Locate the Xposed Installer.zip file > Swipe screen to flash file.
- After flashing the file, restart your phone into the system.
- Now using a file manager, locate the copied Xposed Framework APK file and install it.
- Open the installed application from the App Drawer.
- You can now start installing any modules that you like. The most popular modules include GravityBox, App Settings and running Youtube in the background.
How to Uninstall Xposed
- Download the Xposed Uninstaller.zip file from below.
- Copy Xposed Uninstaller to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Reboot your phone into the custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Flash the Xposed Uninstaller in the TWRP recovery just like you flashed the zip file above to install it.
- Clear the Dalvik cache of your phone after uninstalling. Reboot your phone and you are all done.
Here are some useful links