The Huawei Honor phones that belong to China do not have the Google Play Store. This is not a problem as long as you are living inside China because even if you get the Play Store on your phone while you are living there, you are not going to be able to use it. That is because the Chinese government does not let any company like Google, Facebook, WhatsApp or Instagram operate inside its premises. The problem comes up when you take an Honor smartphone outside China.
For example, you are using a Huawei Honor smartphone, that originally belongs to the Chinese region, in a country like India, Malaysia or in the European region. The phone will not have the Google Play Store because of where it came from. Because the Play Store is not restricted in all the countries that I just mentioned or almost any country other than China, you can manually install it on your Chinese Huawei Honor phone.
Download Google Play Store on Huawei Honor Chinese Phones
It is pretty easy to download Google Play Store on Huawei Honor Chinese phones. To install the Play Store on the Huawei Honor phones, you simply have to download the Google Installer. The Google Installer is a little application that can install the Play Store on almost all the Chinese phones without that come without anything called Google. Take a look at the steps given below to download Google Play Store on Huawei Honor phones.
Steps to download and install Google Play Store on Huawei Honor Chinese phones
Important: First of all, you need to download and install the GMS Installer on your Huawei Honor phone. Download this GMS Installer and install it as an APK on your phone. After installing the GMS Installer, go ahead and install the Google Installer. Remember that without the GMS Installer, the Google Installer will now install the Play Services or the Play Store on your phone.
- Download the latest Google Installer APK.
- Copy the Google Installer APK to your phone.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Security or Privacy > Unknown Sources > Allow.
- Using a file manager, locate the Google Installer APK.
- Install the Google Installer APK now.
- After completing the installation, launch the Google Installer from the app drawer.
- The installer is in Chinese language, so just press the buttons as explained here.
- First of all, tap the “Yellow button” at the bottom to proceed.
- A new screen will appear now, click on “install” and then click on “Ok” to start the process.
- The installer will ask you for the Google Play Store now, click on “Install” once again.
- Click on “Ok” as it appears and then click on the “Red button” appearing at the bottom.
- As you see the button showing an agreement or asking for permissions, allow it and click on “Next“.
- Once you complete this procedure, the Google Play Store and the Play Services will be installed on your phone.
- Now you are free to download and install all the application on the Huawei Honor handsets.
That’s it with the installation of Google Play Store on your phone. The Google Play Store is the house to over 1 Billion different applications. There are many third-party app stores available today, but none of them are as good as the Google Play Store. Also, when you are spending your hard earned money on a smartphone, you do have the right to operate the phone the way you want. If you are unfortunately getting your hands on a phone that previously belonged to the Chinese region, this kind of the solutions is your only way to unlock the full potential of your phone.
Don’t forget to drop your feedback regarding this guide. If you have any queries, feel free to reach out to me.