If you own a set of AirPods, also you have a PS4 and want to connect AirPods to PS4. This is the right place for you, In this post, I will tell you all the possible methods you can use to connect AirPods to PS4. Let’s get started.
All those who own a PS4 are well aware of the fact that they cannot connect Airpods to PS4 directly. Even more, you cannot connect any other pair of headsets to PS4. Unless they are compatible with PS4 and that means you have to spend at least $60 or more. So now you know, you cannot directly connect any third-party Bluetooth handsfree to PS4.
But that doesn’t mean that there is no option or method available. There are few and you can easily connect AirPods to PS4 or any other third-party headset. Now let’s get started and tell you how you can connect AirPods to PS4.
How to connect AirPods to PS4 [ Easiest Method ]:
Heed the instructions provided below to learn how you can connect Apple Aripods and all the other Bluetooth handsfree to PS4. Before I proceed, you need to know that I’ll be using a third-party Bluetooth dongle. But not in all the methods, you may not need one if my first and second methods work for you.
Use PS4 Remote Play App:
This method will be cost-free because you will be using the official PS4 Remote Play App, which is available for both Android & iOS devices. Now you may have heard about the PS4 Remote Play App, it allows you to play PS4 games on your Android and iOS devices. As long as you can using the same WiFi network. So I will be using the PS4 Remote Play App to connect Airpods to PS4.
- First, you will need an iPhone and an Andoird device. Make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS 13 and your Android device is running Android 5.0+.
- After that, you need to download the Remote Play app on your iOS and Android devices. Once you have downloaded the app, head over to the PS4 and make sure the Remote Play feature is activated.
- If you don’t know how to do so, head over to the Settings -> Remote Play Connection Settings > check Enable Remote Play.
- Once done, head over to your smartphone. Open the Remote Play app and login with your PSN account. It may take some time if you are using the app on your device the first time.
- After it’s done, you will see that your device is connected with the PS4 automatically. Now it’s time to connect Airpods to PS4.
- All you have to do is connect the DS4 controller and Airpods to your device and now you can play PS4 games on your device. While using DS4 and Airpods. This is the best method you can get for free and I used it. It works not like the way you were thinking but it’s for free.
Now that was the free one. If you want to directly connect AirPods to PS4, you will need a Bluetooth Dongle. It is for sure that you have to pay some bucks, just $20-$30. If you are up for that, heed the instruction below.
One more thing, using Bluetooth dongle or adoptor that I am providing, you will be able to connect a number of headphones to PS4. Let’s jump right into it.
Connect AirPods to PS4 using Bluetooth Adopter:
So since you are using a third-party Bluetooth Adopter that means you first you need to buy one and if you haven’t. Use the link provided below.
- I am using Avantree Leaf Class 1 Long Range USB Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Adapter. It’s a plug & plays adaptor for a number of consoles and you can also use it on your PC.
- Once you have the Avantree Leaf Bluetooth Adopter. Now connect the USB dongle to PS4 using its cable. Head over to the Settings on your PS4-> audio devices > input and output both as a USB headset (Avantree leaf).
- Now it’s time to connect the Airpods to Avantree Leaf Bluetooth Adopter. First, you need to put Avantree Leaf Bluetooth Adopter in the pairing mode. Long press the button on the dongle and also put the Airpods in pairing mode. After both devices are in pairing mode, Airpods will automatically connect with the Avantree Leaf Bluetooth Adopter.
- Now it’s time to test that are the AirPods are connected to the PS4? Remove the AirPods from there case and put them in, you will hear a Chime Sounds. That means your AirPods are connected. In order to make sure that AirPods are connected, Open the Quick Menu -> Sound Devices -> OutPut to Head -> All Audio.
That will be all. This is how you can connect AirPods to PS4. Please do try this and let me know how’d it go for you. Also If you have any questions, use the contact page.