Automatic updates are always recommended, but not really when it comes to Facebook. That is because of the problems that a new Facebook update brings with it. This is why a number of Android users look for a method to stop automatic Facebook updates. Follow this tutorial to stop automatic Facebook updates on Android.
Recently, a friend in a group asked how to stop the Facebook application from automatically updating on Android. He came across a few problems after updating to the latest version of Facebook. At first, the application gave him force close errors “Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped on Android” again and again. Another issue was the updated UI of the Facebook application. Facebook loves experimenting with its UI. Every time, they introduced a new UI feature that changes the place of something that you frequently used. For example, my friend was running his business page through his Android Facebook app. Facebook changed the location of the business pages, which totally annoyed my friend as he was unable to find the page within the application again.
So, as a new update of Facebook comes out, you do not have any idea what they are going to change. For those who don’t like frequent changes, they can turn off the automatic updates in order to stick to a current, stable version of Facebook for Android. Here are the steps to get rid of automatic Facebook updates.
How to stop automatic Facebook updates on Android
- On your Samsung Phone, go to Google Play Store.
- In the Play Store, tap the menu button on the top-left corner.
- Now open My apps & games.
- Tap “Installed” to access the apps installed on your phone.
- Find Facebook and click on it to open it within the Play Store.
- Now on the Facebook page in Play Store, tap the three-dotted button on the top-right corner to open its options.
- You will see “Enable auto update” which will be ticked by default.
- Tap the checkbox to disable the auto update feature now.
- Automatic Facebook updates will be disabled on your phone now. You can enable it anytime using the same method.