Samsung has recently rolled out Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based on the build number XXUCNG2. The new update promises a lot of changes. The notable changes are the white icons atop of the transparent status bar, new music player on lock screen, the settings application has been revamped and Samsung has also updated some of its applications with a new UI. Besides these UI changes, a number of bugs has been fixed and performance of the device is enhanced while the battery life gets an improvement as well.
If you’re looking to update your device to this latest firmware you may checkout our complete guide to update the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG2 Official firmware. Once you’ve updated, you may want to go beyond the boundaries on your device and for that you will definitely need root access. Before you start looking here and there, we’ve already done the job. In the on-going post, you will find the complete and comprehensive guide to root your Galaxy S4 Mini Duos running Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG2 firmware. All you need is, you need to follow this guide carefully.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos GT-I9192. Do not try this on any other device.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and phone.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Don’t forget to make EFS backup before flashing this firmware. [Important]
- Turn off /disable Samsung Kies while using Odin3.
- Turn of any Anti Virus software while using Odin3.
- Alright. Follow the instructions carefully.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9192 Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers
- Download and extract CF Autoroot package zip file
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy S4 Mini Duos in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted Autoroot.tar.md5, that you downloaded above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the rooting process is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- That’s all!
How to Verify Root Access now?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Galaxy S4 Mini Duos.
- Find “Root Checker“ and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
Advantages of Root Access:
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
That’s all. If you’re stuck with anything regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will be up to help you as soon as possible. Thanks all.