Nexus 5X users have faced a lot of issues and still there in the same pit, the one issue which got a lot of attention was Nexus 5x Won’t Turn On. Moreover, we have seen many users reporting about Nexus 5X automatically shut down. Also, we have seen users were reporting that their device gets warmed up then refuses to come back on.
We are here to help you. In this post, we’ll tell you how you can Fix Nexus 5x Won’t Turn On problem. We’ll provide you different workarounds and solutions that will get things going for you. Our team first try these solutions and then we post here.
If you are looking for other solutions, you can try our How To’s section or you can ask us in the comments section and we’ll get back to you asap. Now let’s start the guide.
How To Fix Nexus 5x Won’t Turn On – Troubleshooting:
Heed the instruction below To Fix Nexus 5x Won’t Turn On, all the workarounds provided below are for one only this specific issue. The main purpose of this troubleshooting guide is help fix this problem. However, your device is having a hardware issue then we cannot do anything.
Plug in Nexus 5 to see if it charges:
Sometimes our device battery gets drained out completely and there is no power juice left you power up the device. Plug in the charger and see for charging indicator. If it shows up, then it is confirmed that your device battery was drained out for sure.
Leave your phone to charge for at least for an hour minimum. After 1 hour is passed, try turning on your device. Hope to see your device will power up. However, if your device didn’t charge nor showed the charging sign, then you should take your device to Google service center and let it check by the professionals.
Use original data cable and charger:
- Always use OEM data cable and charger to charge the phone.
- Using low-quality aftermarket data cable and charger will not fast charge the phone.
- Always make sure that the charger is properly plugged into the switch and the cable is properly plugged into the phone.
Troubleshoot charging problems:
If your phone is not detecting the charger, these are the few possible solutions you can try.
- Make sure the wall charger is properly plugged into the switch or not.
- Check if the current coming out of the electric switch is as per requirement or not.
- Using a damaged cable or an aftermarket cable can be a trouble sometimes.
- Make sure that there is no smut in the charging port of your phone.
- Also, ensure that there is no moisture in the charging port.
Boot the phone in Recovery Mode:
Sometimes firmware gets corrupted and in the result of that your Nexus 5X automatically turns off. There might be a chance, you can boot your device into the recovery. Once your device boots into the recovery mode, you can perform a factory reset and start new.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys together for 10 seconds.
- Now keep your finger crossed if your device powers up and display some text. You are in luck, the problem was with your firmware.
- In order to Boot into recovery mode, press the volume down button twice to highlight the Recovery. Use the power button to select it.
- Hold the Power button and press the Volume Up key. It will show you the Android system recovery menu.
That’s all. You can use the methods given above to fix Nexus 5x Won’t Turn On problem. Let’s know how it goes in the comments section.