Surround Sound MOD is now available for LG Nexus 5X. If you’re looking for a guide to flash this MOD on your Nexus 5X to enhance it sound, you may have spotted the right place. You will find a proper set of instructions to flash this Surround Sound MOD on your LG Nexus 5X conveniently in the succeeding guide. Let’s have a look on what this Surround Sound MOD can do on your Nexus 5X and then head towards the guide.
LG Nexus 5X comes with only one speaker which makes the sound less audible. If you’re disliking the music experience on your LG Nexus 5X, you may be in a need of some method to enhance the sound staying on the same device rather then being disappointing and thinking of moving on to another device. Since we have a great community of developers working at XDA, a solution was expected for sure and it’s here now. XDA senior member sshafranko has posted a Surround Sound MOD for our beloved Nexus 5X. What this MOD does is, it activates your earphone speaker to work with your phone’s main speaker at the same time while the music is being played or you’re watching a video, movie or any other sound coming out of your device. It doesn’t beat the Sound experience of the Nexus 6’s dual front speakers, but its fairly good as compared to that of the lone-speaker on this phone. This MOD is named as Surround Sound because it gives you a Surround Sound-Like experience, but its not the real Surround Sound sound effect. There are two different forms of this MOD available. You can flash Surround Sound and also flash a MOD to increase the volume coming out of your handset speaker. Let’s go ahead now and have a look on the guide.
- The Surround Sound MOD is available for Nexus 5X only. Do not try this MOD on any other phone. You may end up soft-bricking your device in that case.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Install TWRP recovery and root your Nexus 5X.
- Backup Nandroid. This is highly recommended to make sure that if a mishap occurs, you still have access to all of your data and recover your device easily.
- Follow the instructions carefully to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom recoveries, MODs and rooting the device voids its warranty. In case something goes wrong, TechBeasts or the MOD developers may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing this at your own risk.
How to Install Surround Sound MOD on your LG Nexus 5X
- Download the following ZIP files and copy to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- SURROUND SOUND.zip
- UPPER (Handset) SPEAKER LOUD.zip
- Now boot into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Select Install Zip option.
- Now locate the .zip files from the location you copied it to.
- Select the .zip files one by one and flash those.
- Once flashed, wipe cache and dalvik cache of your device.
- Reboot your device and play a song to checkout the Sound.
- Just in case you want to uninstall the MODs, simply flash the Nexus_5x_ReverttoStock.zip using the same instructions from step B to F.
That’s all. Stuck with something? Reach us out through the comment box below.