Let’s us tell you how you can Fix Galaxy S9 “DQA keeps stopping” bug. DQA stands for Data Quality Assessment. The error shows up when your phone is connected to a WiFi connection. Users from the US holding the T-Mobile, Verizon, and other carrier-branded smartphones were in masses to report this issue. DQA keeps stopping issue, from its name, gives us a clear sense that this issue pops up after analyzing the quality of your network. The problem is, WiFi keeps working fine and this error comes in between all of a sudden. There is no apparent need for the DQA notification or no apparent root cause for this error to flash on the screen.
We have covered the same issues for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, we did the same with Samsung Galaxy S9 and it worked for us. Below the same method, we used on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Moreover, we are providing some more workarounds to help you get better results. Let’s start the troubleshooting for Galaxy S9 “DQA keeps stopping” bug.
Fix Galaxy S9 “DQA keeps stopping” bug [ Recommended ]
To Fix DQA keeps stopping on Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus, download and install the DQA APK, install it on your phone and boom. There won’t be any further such error after the installation of the DQA application.
See more: Fix DQA keeps stopping on Galaxy S8
Fix DQA keeps stopping error:
- Download DQA APK and transfer it to your phone.
- On your phone, go to settings > security/lock-scree and security > allow unknown sources.
- Now using the File Manager, locate the DQA APK and install it.
- Use the WiFi now and there won’t be that error anymore. That’s all.
Clear App Data and Cache:
- One your Android device, open Settings > Applications / Applications Manager > All Apps
- Scroll all the way down and locate Phone.
- Tap Phone to open its settings.
- If you’re using Android Marshmallow or higher, you will have to tap Phone > Storage to open cache and data options.
- Now tap Clear Data.
- Now restart your Android device now.
Factory Reset Using Recovery Mode:
- Turn off your device.
- Now press and hold Bixby+Power+Volume Up key.
- Release the power button once you see the logo, but keep holding home and Volume up keys.
- Now when you see Android logo, let go both buttons.
- Use the volume down button to navigate and highlight wipe data/factory reset.
- Now use the power key to select the option.
- You have to select ‘Yes‘ when you’ll be prompted for next menu.
- Now wait for the process to be completed, once it’s done highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and press power button to select it.
- All Done.
Reset network settings:
- Head over to the Settings -> General management -> Reset -> Reset network settings -> RESET SETTINGS button.
- Head over to the Settings -> General management -> Reset -> Reset all settings -> RESET SETTINGS button.
That’s all. Using these workarounds you can easily Fix Galaxy S9 “DQA keeps stopping” bug. Please Share your experience with us in the comments section.