Huawei P8 Lite 2017 smartphone was launched in January 2017. The company has decided to revive the P8 Lite for the second release with this more powerful 2017 edition. Coming to the software part the Chinese manufacturer may have had good intentions initially, but in practice, it is rather disappointing and sometimes ruins the overall user experience of the smartphone. Flashing a custom ROM will patch these ditches. A Recognized contributor haky 86 of XDA ported the Unofficial CypherOS Pie ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Here’s how to Install CypherOS Pie ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2107.
Huawei P8 Lite 2017 features a delicate and slender design which fits in your hand perfectly. It is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 655 coupled with 4GB RAM for 64GB ROM model & 3GB RAM for 16GB ROM model. The device packs a 12MP camera on the rear and an 8MP front shooter for selfies. The Huawei P8 Lite 2017 has a 5.2-inch IPS screen with a Full-HD resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio.
CypherOS Pie ROM
The CypherOS ROM will give you the closest experience like pixel devices and clear user interface which is also an extension to pure Android. It always tries maintaining the purity of Android while offering useful features for. The aim is to give users the highest level of performance alongside achieving Simplicity.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system.
This amazing CypherOS custom ROM comes with tons of new features and the latest version of it is based on Android 9.0 Pie. A quick list of the main features in CypherOS is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017. The ROM also fully compatible with Substratum Theme Engine and It’s just like CynogenMod theme engine, using which you can change the overall look and feel of your device.
In CypherOS you will get all the pixel features including this cool new navigation bar with this cute little animation. So now you can flash this massive CypherOS Pie ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
CypherOS Pie ROM Features
- Latest Security Patches
- OTA updates
- Battery Styles and Percentage
- LockScreen Shortcuts
- Advanced reboot
- Open Source
- APN bearer settings
- Fix lock clock size after rebooting
- Notification sound crash
- Fix few NPEs
- UI/UX improvements
- Performance improvement and bug fixes
Special Pie Features
- Gesture Navigation
- Revamped recent apps
- Revamped user interface
- Digital Wellbeing
- Adaptive Battery
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
Here’s a quick view on how to install CypherOS Pie ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
How to Install CypherOS Pie ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Download and transfer the CypherOS Pie ROM and Gapps to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the CypherOS Pie ROM file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- Now flash the Gapps Zip same as the ROM file.
- Reboot your device once both the files are flashed.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll be welcomed with the CypherOS Pie OS setup screen.