Android 9.0 Pie is the latest Android version from Google and it brings a lot of new features. Some of the new features in Android Pie are new gesture navigation, adaptive battery and brightness, app actions, slices, and improved security features. Apart from Google Pixel smartphones, only a few smartphones received Android Pie OTA updates. Luckily, there are a lot of custom ROMs available on the market if you can’t wait for an official update. In this article, we will show you how to install LineageOS 16 ROM on Mi Note 2 smartphone.
The Mi Note 2 is a premium smartphone from Xiaomi with curved glass body design similar to Galaxy Note 7. It sports a 5.7-inch Full HD display with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM depending on the storage variant of 64/128GB internal memory. Unfortunately, there is no memory card slot, so you’d have to depend entirely on internal storage. On the camera front, the Mi Note 2 packs a 22.5MP rear shooter and an 8MP selfie camera. It is backed by a non-removable 4070 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 capability.
LineageOS 16 ROM for Mi Note 2
LineageOS is an AOSP based aftermarket custom ROM and is a continuation to the highly popular CyanogenMod ROM. It brings stock Android interface to your device along with a plethora of customizations. The LineageOS 16 ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and comes with almost no bloatware. So, your device will work faster without any lags. However, you must note that the current build is an unofficial build and is in the early build stages. So, you might experience random reboots and minor glitches in the functionality.
Currently, ANT+ and VoLTE are not working on the ROM, so you can’t use any fitness apps and VoLTE to make calls over LTE. This is a bit of a dealbreaker for many people as VoLTE is quite important in today’s world. So, if you decide to install LineageOS 16 ROM on Mi Note 2, follow the below tutorial carefully.
Install Android 9.0 Pie Based LineageOS 16 ROM on Mi Note 2
- This ROM is only for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
- Charge your device at least 50% before flashing the ROM.
- Backup your device to make sure you’ve all the important data if something doesn’t go as per the plan.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Note 2
Download the Gapps and LineageOS ROM for Mi Note 2 to your device’s storage.
How to Install LineageOS 16 ROM on Mi Note 2
- Make sure you have the TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- Also, ensure that you have copied the Gapps and LineageOS 16 ROM files after installing TWRP.
- Power down your smartphone.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power button for about 5 seconds. Release the Power key when Mi logo appears and continue holding Volume Up button until the recovery mode appears.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- In the TWRP, click on Install » Install Zip » Locate and select the LineageOS ROM file. Swipe screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps for Android Pie.
- In the end, get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe » Select Cache & Dalvik Cache » Swipe screen to wipe.
- After wiping, reboot your device.
That’s all. Let us know how you like the ROM in the comments section below.