LG G2 has been released 6-weeks ago and developers have found a way to root LG G2 and almost all of its versions or the one in the list we will give you below. Rooting your Android device allows you to get full control over it, allows you to install Custom Recoveries and ROMs on it along with many more tweaks and other stuff. It allows you to change settings of your hardware too like you can overclock your CPU. GPU and RAM, but all of it will heat up your device and not suggested by many officials. If you have an LG G2 and want to root it follow the tutorial ahead and get what you want.
In this article, we will show you How To Root LG G2. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs, and messages. This is necessary as if something goes wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterward.
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap, we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Enable USB debugging mode. HOW? Go to Settings > Developer Options and Check USB Debugging mode.
- If you can’t see the developers options, Go to settings > About > Tap build number until your device announces you the Developer.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For LG G2 Listed Devices.
Here is the list of Compatible Devices:
- AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Original ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Original ROM)
- KT F320k (Original ROM)
- Rogers D803 (Original ROM)
- Bell D803 (Original ROM)
- Telus D803 (Original ROM)
- OPEN D802 (Original ROM)
How To Root LG G2 All Versions.
After installing USB Driver of LG, first connect your device to PC in Debugging mode and let it install the drivers/
- Download the Rooting Package and extract it all.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click the root.bat file while your device is still connected to PC.
- Follow the Command Prompt until is says “Completed”.
- When Prompted, Unplug the device.
- Turn Off debugging mode, then turn it back On.
- Plug the Device again via USB.
- Press any Key on Computer to Continue.
- When it’s done, reboot your device. All Done!