Now after rooting your LG G2, you are wondering what to do with it now. Allow us. install a Custom Recovery on it and prepare yourself for installing Custom ROMs on it.A custom Recovery allows you to install Custom ROMs, Kernels and many more tweaks on it. Installing a Recovery is not a difficult process, once you have rooted your device its all good to go.
In this Article, we will show you How To Flash TWRP Custom Recovery On LG G2. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device Must Be Rooted
- Enable USB debugging mode. HOW? Go to Settings > Developer Options and Check USB Debugging mode.
- If you can’t see the developers options, Go to settings > About > Tap build number until your device announces you the Developer.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For LG G2.
How To Flash TWRP Custom Recovery On LG G2 All Versions.
- Download the Recovery Image from here. Make sure to choose your device compatible.
- Copy and Paste it inside ioroot folder that you have extracted in How To Root LG G2 All Versions.
- Download Loki Flash Firmware, click on Download zip on the Bottom Right side on Screen.
- Extract the Zip file and inside the extracted folder, Copy the loki_flash file.
- Paste the Loki Flash File in the Same folder, where you have saved the recovery image “ioroot”.
- Finally Rename the recovery.img from openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-g2XXX.img to just recovery.img.
Now. lets head towards the Flashing Tutorial.
- Plug your LG G2 with PC, make sure that USB Debugging is enable.
- Open the ioroot folder, and open command prompt here How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the ioroot Folder.
- When the command prompt opens, type the following into it with hitting enter at the end of each line.
adb push loki_flash /data/local/tmp/loki_flash
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
chmod 777 loki_flash ./loki_flashrecovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
exit adb reboot recovery
- It’ll Reboot to Recovery, IF you see TWRP Recovery then everything went Alright.